Buying Advice Build your own LS

/ Build your own LS #1  

Budlight592

Tractor
2017 LS XR4155HC
Has anyone seen a build your own option for the XR or XU series. Or if you ordered a unit from a dealer was there a order sheet with options like you would find on a build your own website. Kubota has a great build your own just wondered what we had to look at for a LS.

I'm in the market for a XR4155HC or Gear possibly a XU5055C and would like to see all available order options.

/ Build your own LS #2  
Not really that many options available. Most stuff comes standard with the LS tractors.

Options on the XR 4155HC include:
Mid PTO
Beacon lamp kit
Deluxe stereo system with CD Player, USB
Room mirror
Rear wiper
Sun screen
filled rear tires

Options on the XU5055C include:

Auxiliary fuel tank-additional 5.3 gal
Beacon Lamp Kit
Front weight Kit-44 lbs x 44
Down swept exhaust

What kind of options are you looking for.
I don't consider attachments as options. Same goes for things like third function.

/ Build your own LS #3  
Like George said there are only a handful of options. They are listed in the brochures for each tractor which you can download from the LS website.

/ Build your own LS #4  
The 5055c has been replaced by the 6158c also the auxiliary fuel tank is no longer available.

/ Build your own LS #5  
Also, the few options that are listed are all dealer installed. There are no options to order from the manufacturer.

As a note also, if you want the radio you can save a lot of money by buying one at Walmart and either have the dealer install it or do it yourself. Also the beacon light, at least on the cab models, has the bracket, socket that the light plugs into and the switch already installed. Same with the rear wiper. Very easy to buy and install yourself.

Last edited:
   / Build your own LS
Ok thanks guys I didn't know of there were more options then what was listed in the brochure. Anyone have any opions over the XR4155HC vs XU5055C I drove them both this past Thursday and was impressed with both. I think the XU has the older engine so it will regeneration more then the XR series. I like the auto level loader and the fact that the sterring components were behind the axel on the XU. Cab also felt like it had more room also.

/ Build your own LS #7  
Has anyone seen a build your own option for the XR or XU series.

The LS website is pretty basic. No "build your own" or parts lookup. Wish they would step it up in this area.

/ Build your own LS #8  
Ok thanks guys I didn't know of there were more options then what was listed in the brochure. Anyone have any opions over the XR4155HC vs XU5055C I drove them both this past Thursday and was impressed with both. I think the XU has the older engine so it will regeneration more then the XR series. I like the auto level loader and the fact that the sterring components were behind the axel on the XU. Cab also felt like it had more room also.

I've had my XR3037HC for 3 years now. Has the older Shibaura engine and regen cycles are about every 5 hours. The regen occurs seamlessly and runs in the background while still using the tractor. I keep the RPM's up and regen seems to go quickly.
Auto level loader is a nice feature but not available on my model. I don't think you would go wrong with either model. I'd go bigger if it was my choice.

/ Build your own LS #9  
The LS website is pretty basic. No "build your own" or parts lookup. Wish they would step it up in this area.

Parts manuals are still free online but leave much to be desired. I wish they were written,indexed and spell checked a little better. I have mine in a 3 ring binder and one of these days I'll put tabs on pages to make it easier to find sections like the service manual.