Price check on used LS XR4040H

/ Price check on used LS XR4040H #1  

danisiri

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HDC12
So, thinking of selling my XR4040H to go to something bigger. It's pretty much stock, except for a sunshade and some bolt on hooks from Ken. I have less than 40 hours on it.

I got a couple bids from dealers on trade-in and the highest was $12K. They told me that since LS is a lesser known brand, they can't go much higher. Local sales from Kubota, Case, etc of comparable tractors (but more hours) are around $20K.

What do y'all think is a realistic price? Is LS just too unknown to garner a fair resale price?

/ Price check on used LS XR4040H #2  
I'm not surprised that other brand dealers would attempt to minimize the value of their competitors' tractors. Try asking your LS dealer what he would give for trade-in value on a new LS. I suspect it will be a different figure.

Of course, if you end up going with one of those other brands - and I know you've had a less-than-positive experience with your LS - then ultimately you'll either have to accept their offer or just sell it yourself. You may be able to talk them up a little, but I doubt you'll get them anywhere near $20K.

/ Price check on used LS XR4040H
I'm not surprised that other brand dealers would attempt to minimize the value of their competitors' tractors. Try asking your LS dealer what he would give for trade-in value on a new LS. I suspect it will be a different figure.

Of course, if you end up going with one of those other brands - and I know you've had a less-than-positive experience with your LS - then ultimately you'll either have to accept their offer or just sell it yourself. You may be able to talk them up a little, but I doubt you'll get them anywhere near $20K.

My LS dealer said they would sell it on consignment for me, but couldn't give me a number on what it might sell for.

/ Price check on used LS XR4040H #4  
I know you have had a bad experience but are you considering another LS?
I'm thinking not since you didn't say what the LS dealer would offer in trade.

They wouldn't give me a trade in number. He said they would have to have their bank look at it and determine the value to get a loan so they could pay me. The consignment fee is 20% of the sale price or 10% if I buy another LS.

As for another LS......probably not. With the dealer being 40 min away, and with all the other main brands being 5 min away; I don't think another LS is in my future.