MT 125

/ MT 125 #1  

Rool

Tractor
LS MT125
Pretty excited about just purchasing my first Tractor.

I'm a commercial/residential contractor and finally bit the bullet. After years of renting, and just recently looking at three projects that will need various tractor work and accruing a 3-4K bill, I decided to stop paying the rental guys. I purchased a MT125 because bigger isn't always better especially for me. I know I could use a 33 and do so normally, but having 25 will be enough. The most important aspect of the purchase of this machine is access. It'll be small enough to get into almost everywhere, and have enough power to do almost everything we do. It may take a little longer but that's ok. Been watching used ads for about a year and few are pricing their machines(to me), at acceptable prices. For what most wanted, I only had to step up 2-3 grand and get a 10 year newer machine with 0 hrs?

Purchase price was $16,900 TLB+MMM.

I don't really need the MMM, but costing it out it made sense to throw it in and if I ever do need one, I have one.

A little purchase history about the deal. I called around 4 different places in a radius of 60 miles of each other. The prices I was was given over a 3 month period were, $17,900, $17,800, $17500 and finally I found someone hungry enough to sell at $16,900.

I looked at Kubota, JD, Massey, and of course the Boomer. I've driven all of them in the course of my work and always liked the LS/NH machines. During the comparison process I felt like there was just more machine for the money. Not worried about resale, after watching the used ads nothing is reasonable, so if I have to sell or feel like I purchased to small I can sell into the inflated market as well.

I'll keep you posted how it holds up, I expect to run it hard.

/ MT 125 #2  
Welcome! You're right on about new vs used $$- especially with a a TLB. It sounds like you could give the forum some good comparisons on equipment as time goes on. Keep us in the loop.

/ MT 125 #3  
Thank you for the write up and comparison shopping. Glad to have another owner on here as there is very little information on this model online. The MT125 size is very good for my needs around the house and in my woods. There are some jobs that a bigger machine can do that it can't, but there are lots of jobs I do that that a bigger machine would be a problem for. The used price for a small TLB is pretty amazing compared to what they are new.

Did the dealers say anything about an optional SSQA coming?

/ MT 125 #4  
Pretty excited about just purchasing my first Tractor.

I'm a commercial/residential contractor and finally bit the bullet. After years of renting, and just recently looking at three projects that will need various tractor work and accruing a 3-4K bill, I decided to stop paying the rental guys. I purchased a MT125 because bigger isn't always better especially for me. I know I could use a 33 and do so normally, but having 25 will be enough. The most important aspect of the purchase of this machine is access. It'll be small enough to get into almost everywhere, and have enough power to do almost everything we do. It may take a little longer but that's ok. Been watching used ads for about a year and few are pricing their machines(to me), at acceptable prices. For what most wanted, I only had to step up 2-3 grand and get a 10 year newer machine with 0 hrs?

Purchase price was $16,900 TLB+MMM.

I don't really need the MMM, but costing it out it made sense to throw it in and if I ever do need one, I have one.

A little purchase history about the deal. I called around 4 different places in a radius of 60 miles of each other. The prices I was was given over a 3 month period were, $17,900, $17,800, $17500 and finally I found someone hungry enough to sell at $16,900.

I looked at Kubota, JD, Massey, and of course the Boomer. I've driven all of them in the course of my work and always liked the LS/NH machines. During the comparison process I felt like there was just more machine for the money. Not worried about resale, after watching the used ads nothing is reasonable, so if I have to sell or feel like I purchased to small I can sell into the inflated market as well.

I'll keep you posted how it holds up, I expect to run it hard.

I have had my MT125 for about 5 mos now, 85 hrs on the clock. I have worked it hard, put in a septic system, dug about 300' of water and electric trenches, and graded in a driveway. NO issues what so ever. It may take longer than a big tractor would, but I couldn't beat the price for what you get. I ended paying 16,900 for TLB and a 12" PHD. I have a 5' box blade, and a 5' finish mower. The tractor handles them easily. Again, a bigger tractor would probably do it faster and maybe easier, but taking longer is not an issue and I consider tractor time "fun time".

/ MT 125
I have had my MT125 for about 5 mos now, 85 hrs on the clock. I have worked it hard, put in a septic system, dug about 300' of water and electric trenches, and graded in a driveway. NO issues what so ever. It may take longer than a big tractor would, but I couldn't beat the price for what you get. I ended paying 16,900 for TLB and a 12" PHD. I have a 5' box blade, and a 5' finish mower. The tractor handles them easily. Again, a bigger tractor would probably do it faster and maybe easier, but taking longer is not an issue and I consider tractor time "fun time".

I actually read and saw all of your postings, and looked through most of what you posted, so thanks for that! I tried to have implements thrown into the deal at a lower price, but in this area the price is so low they expect you to pay near full price for anything extra to make up for the low purchase price.

It's funny, through the course of my life I've observed *over-purchases* often. The whole bigger is better, faster is also better, but in reality the opposite has been true. This is not just through the construction/remodel field but many others. Although I've been normally renting 30 HP and above, I applied this logic to this purchase. I don't think the logic is faulty either. BTW~The I purchased the MMM because of what I specifically read from you, that in retrospect you would have purchased it, so thanks for your opinion. I run my equipment hard, but also maintain them, so I'll have a report. Oh another thank you.....regarding the oil fill plug!

/ MT 125
Thank you for the write up and comparison shopping. Glad to have another owner on here as there is very little information on this model online. The MT125 size is very good for my needs around the house and in my woods. There are some jobs that a bigger machine can do that it can't, but there are lots of jobs I do that that a bigger machine would be a problem for. The used price for a small TLB is pretty amazing compared to what they are new.

Did the dealers say anything about an optional SSQA coming?

No, I didn't think to ask, but I will when I talk to my salesman next. Yeah, the prices sure are. I wouldn't have been afraid to purchase new, but those guys really LOVE their machines......so much so they don't cross it against what a new one runs.

/ MT 125
Welcome! You're right on about new vs used $$- especially with a a TLB. It sounds like you could give the forum some good comparisons on equipment as time goes on. Keep us in the loop.

Will do, thx for the response!

/ MT 125
I'll post pics when I get the machine.

/ MT 125 #9  
I actually read and saw all of your postings, and looked through most of what you posted, so thanks for that! I tried to have implements thrown into the deal at a lower price, but in this area the price is so low they expect you to pay near full price for anything extra to make up for the low purchase price.

It's funny, through the course of my life I've observed *over-purchases* often. The whole bigger is better, faster is also better, but in reality the opposite has been true. This is not just through the construction/remodel field but many others. Although I've been normally renting 30 HP and above, I applied this logic to this purchase. I don't think the logic is faulty either. BTW~The I purchased the MMM because of what I specifically read from you, that in retrospect you would have purchased it, so thanks for your opinion. I run my equipment hard, but also maintain them, so I'll have a report. Oh another thank you.....regarding the oil fill plug!

You are quite welcome, glad that you were able to make a good decision. I agree that the dealers seem to mark up the implement prices to make their profits. Even the cost of used stuff is outrageous. I got very lucky when I just bought the mower and box blade, the guys daughter was in 4H and the state fair was coming up.... They needed the bucks to take her animals to the fair so he really made a deal I couldn't refuse. Went back a week later to negotiate a deal for a grader blade he had and he wouldn't budge off $500.... I can go get one a little lighter at TSC for $350. Sometimes at the end of the season the dealers might discount their inventory just to get rid of it. When you get the tractor, make sure you post some pics... It's a requirement here....

/ MT 125
IMG_20171104_133139.jpgIMG_20171104_133130.jpgIMG_20171104_133139.jpgIMG_20171104_133130.jpg

Took me awhile to figure out the old school upload, but I did! Here she is in all here glory. I've run it 17.4 hours, digging out a stump, grading a yard, and digging out Bamboo runners. Runs great, but cold starts with a puff of blue smoke. Not sure if that's normal for one of these Yanmars. I'll upload a video if that helps.