anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you?

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #1  

dan8152

Tractor
Kubota L2501 hst, belarus 825
I guess they are not like car dealers. I bought two new cars this year and did it 90% dealing on the internet. Lots of questions since I work a lot and don't have much free time. I tried that with the LS dealer that is 10 minutes away from me (out of the way from work and why stop in and bother him when I can ask a quick question in an email) so I email since he posts on craigslist and is internet savy. I have asked for a few quotes on implements and some trade in questions with no more responses:eek:I'm planning on buying soon (once I sell my other tractor) or worst case taking money out of the bank. I plan on paying cash since the "0%" they add on a finance charge otherwise I would have bought it already and be in no rush to sell my other tractor.

so I guess not like car dealers. I have gotten better replies from dealers far away and seem like they want my business but then what do I do if I have a warranty issue?
This has not been the best experience so far. it's easier buying a new car:laughing:

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #2  
Not sure of the size of dealership your dealing with, but keep in mind many car dealerships have a dedicated internet sales person or staff. Many more folks shop for cars than tractors. I could see where smaller outfit selling any brand of tractor (or anything for that matter) may not have the time to respond to all questions by email. Them posting an add on CL is not them the same as being fully dedicated to online sales support.

Stop in for a face to face introductory visit. Establish a relationship. Let them know you are serious and explain email works better due to time available, etc.

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #3  
Not sure of the size of dealership your dealing with, but keep in mind many car dealerships have a dedicated internet sales person or staff. Many more folks shop for cars than tractors. I could see where smaller outfit selling any brand of tractor (or anything for that matter) may not have the time to respond to all questions by email. Them posting an add on CL is not them the same as being fully dedicated to online sales support.

Stop in for a face to face introductory visit. Establish a relationship. Let them know you are serious and explain email works better due to time available, etc.
^^^ Good advice!

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #4  
Good advice from Homeline.

In my experience a dealership will have one dedicated sales(person) for SCUTs & above and one for Lawn Tractors/Z-turns & below. There's just not much walk-in clientele to support a larger staff (unlike a car dealership = high turn over = large sales staff).

So, go and meet the salesbloke. Establish a rapport and then start emailing... just don't expect an immediate response.

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #5  
Homeline hit the nail square upon the head w/his reply. :thumbsup:

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #6  
Usually with car dealers... once they have your info they don't stop bugging you!

From my experience car dealers are nothing like tractor dealers... Doing research is great over the internet but when it comes to making any kind of deal.....thats best done in person. I have not had any good experiences dealing with dealers over the internet.

I went to purchase a Ram truck earlier this year and contacted a "LARGE" company that deals mostly over the Internet for the pacific north west. Their claim to fame is because of volume, no body beats their prices, which makes it worth the travel... but the whole experience was not great. inquiring on a vehicle through their website was like calling into a call center. The person on the other end of the internet had no knowledge of what I was asking and their only job was to keep you interested long enough to get you in queue for a sales person to "call you back"... I'm pretty sure they were out sourced from out of the country. At the same time I called a local dealer (70 miles away) that had a truck I was interested in, told them their price was out of my budget but I really wanted "that truck". Within a few minutes I had a price, which I then relayed back to the large company to see if I could get an even better price. The large company must have thought I was trying to pull something on them and said they cannot do better and that I should go buy that truck. The next day I drove down to the local dealer and bought the truck for even less than quoted on the phone because I spotted two small dents in the bumper and qualified for additional rebates.

The local Koiti dealer here has a website but its crude, they have 3 or 4 tractors on their lot and not a computer in sight, Its doubtful they even have email. They are the only tractor dealer in town and have been there for probably 100 years. The LS dealer I bought my tractor from (1 of 2 in the state) seemed to be a bit more technical, he at least had computers in his office and I have seen their ads on CL but when dealing with them I called for quotes, then made the 1.5 hour trip.

we still receive our mail by pony express up here in the frozen north :thumbsup:

I plan on paying cash since the "0%" they add on a finance charge otherwise I would have bought it already and be in no rush to sell my other tractor.

The 0% interest only works out for people who will not pay off the loan early and the upfront finance charges are less than total interest charges going full term.

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #7  
Homeline is describing exactly my experience. Establishing a relationship with a great dealer will pay off.

When was just thinking about a tractor, I was out on a Sunday morning motorcycle ride and I just happened to go by an LS dealer about 20 miles from home. I pulled in and started poking around.

The owner with a tractor in tow pulled from around the building and stopped, rolled down his window and introduced himself and asked if he could answer any questions. I politely said I was in the early stages of looking and did not want to take up his Sunday time. He stuck his hand out the window, we shaked and he said he was looking forward to seeing me again.

Well, I did see him and/or one of his hands at least 5 more times! The day I made the deal, I showed up on my motorcycle as he was coming out the front door. He called me by name and asked if I was ready to buy that tractor today. I said yes, and he said lets go sit down and talk.

Once we made the deal, I asked how much he needed for a deposit as a money transfer I had in progress had not yet been completed by the bank. He stuck out his hand and said a hand shake was all that was needed. We made an appointment for him to deliver to my place. The rest is history.

I still buy my consumables from them. The LS has been a great tractor too.

/ anyone bug the dealer so much with questions they stop responding to you? #8  
Ditto on what Homeline said. Establishing a relationship with the dealer is one of the most critical aspects of buying/owning a tractor. Use the internet and other digital media for research, but deal face to face with the dealer on the specifics and details necessary to make a decision.