XU series differences?

/ XU series differences? #1  

Jaybo

I'm doing a little shopping for a tractor and looking at 60 horse or so, and the XU power shift tractors caught my eye. Since I'm a heavy equipment operator I really like clutchless shifting.

Looking at the XU5065CPS and XU6168CPS - HP's are fairly close but it looks like the engines are a different family, but the rest of the specs are fairly close Does anyone know what the real differences are between the 50xx and 61xx series are?

Thanks!

..Jay

/ XU series differences? #2  
The 6168 should be a bigger, heavier tractor. The cab may be bigger too. I can’t say for sure, never seen a 5065 in person. My 6168 has been a great machine though.

/ XU series differences?
The 6168 should be a bigger, heavier tractor. The cab may be bigger too. I can’t say for sure, never seen a 5065 in person. My 6168 has been a great machine though.

the only real difference is different engine and more fuel capacity otherwise it looks to be the same, right down to the weight.

/ XU series differences? #4  
This is correct, the only significant difference in the two tractors is the engine. The 6168 replaced the 5065, and while there was a few 5065's left over I believe they are all gone and the 6158 would be your only option.

/ XU series differences? #5  
Have you actually seen a 5065 model in person? When I was shopping for mine, I got the impression the 6168 replaced the 5066.
Besides the fuel tank being larger (the 5065 had 15 gallons with an option for 5 more) the alternator was also increased to 70 amps.
The other thing is see is they show the 4WD being a lever on the left, but my 6168 has a handle on the floor you pull up to engage 4WD.
Otherwise the specs seem to be the same.

/ XU series differences?
This is correct, the only significant difference in the two tractors is the engine. The 6168 replaced the 5065, and while there was a few 5065's left over I believe they are all gone and the 6158 would be your only option.

Jeremy, Aha, this finally makes sense now, The LS website is rather basic and has some errors so I was wondering if this was the case or if it was a newer model, etc. Going to send you a PM as well.