LS XG3135 or XG3037?

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #1  

DCF71

Tractor
JD 4510 JD X738
Which engine would you buy? Dealer said the 3037 would be 1K cheaper so is the LS engine that much better with longer intervals between the regen cycles?

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #2  
Welcome to TBN..............

I have the XR3037HC with the Shibaura engine. 5 hour regen cycles don't bother me at all. The Shibaura engines has been around for quite a while. The same engine is used in MF and NH tractors and probably a few more brands. I went with the XR due to more standard features and I wanted a nice heated cab for plowing snow. The 3037 is probably less because its an older model. I'm not sure if they have continued to make the 3037 or just selling old stock.
Either model will work fine. Haven't heard anything bad about either.

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #3  
I have the XG3135 and love the tractor. Cannot compare it to the 3037, it wasn't a option for me when I bought before Christmas 2017.

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #4  
I believe the xg3037 is mechanical injected so if you ever want to take off all the computer/emissions crap.... its at least possible and there is a guy who has done it on the forum.

The xg3135/40 is direct injected full computer controlled and can never run with out its computer or emissions crap, and It is turbo charged. My dealer told me it is only $1000 more for the 3140. More HP and more lift, so it might be a better option.

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #5  
I have a new, 2018, XR3135coming within a week. I was considering the xg3037, the dealer indicated it was the closest model to the new Holland workmaster 35, which was another model I was considering. I found the difference in price between the 3135 and 3037 to be approximately 1400 dollars. Features on the 3135, if you added them to the 3037, would've actually exceeded the price of the 3135. I decided not to go with the workmaster 35, as it was approximately $4000 more than the 3135 factoring in all the standard features on the LS.

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #6  
3140 GO WITH HANDS DOWN...

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #7  
I have an XG3037 with 30hrs on it. I have no issues with the regen cycle. I do believe that the 3037 is no longer being produced? The tractor works for me and my hobby farm. So far, it’s done what I need it to do. 3rd function valve kit and 60” root rake grapple on the way.

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #8  
Ditto on the XG3037. Have 350 hrs on mine and it has performed flawlessly. Absolutely love it and 5 hr regen is not an issue...has not interfered with my work at all.

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #9  
Which engine would you buy? Dealer said the 3037 would be 1K cheaper so is the LS engine that much better with longer intervals between the regen cycles?

I'm sure you bought a tractor by now, but I just wanted to reply for others who see this.

I'm a mechanic for a LS dealer and in my opinion I prefer the new LS engines over the older Shibarua engines. The LS engines regen a LOT less because they were designed from the ground up to be a tier 4 final engine. The Shibarua is a old mechanical tier 3 engine that was converted to tier 4 interim. I find that the LS engines are more reliable (especially later years as they worked the bugs out) and more powerful.

If you live at higher elevations I definitely recommend the newer LS engines because the computer will adjust the timing for the elevation that your at since it is a common rail system. The other engines have to have the injection pump shimmed, and have more regen issues at elevation due to less air from what I under from other dealer techs. We sold a tractor to a guy a XR4046C at about 6000 feet and ended up trading it for a XR4145C because the XR4046C had no power at all at that elevation.

I doubt their are any new older tractors at dealers anymore, but if there is I would still with the newer ones. If you get a smoking deal on a used one I guess it is ok. But go with the new style if you go new.

/ LS XG3135 or XG3037? #10  
I'm sure you bought a tractor by now, but I just wanted to reply for others who see this.

I'm a mechanic for a LS dealer and in my opinion I prefer the new LS engines over the older Shibarua engines. The LS engines regen a LOT less because they were designed from the ground up to be a tier 4 final engine. The Shibarua is a old mechanical tier 3 engine that was converted to tier 4 interim. I find that the LS engines are more reliable (especially later years as they worked the bugs out) and more powerful.

If you live at higher elevations I definitely recommend the newer LS engines because the computer will adjust the timing for the elevation that your at since it is a common rail system. The other engines have to have the injection pump shimmed, and have more regen issues at elevation due to less air from what I under from other dealer techs. We sold a tractor to a guy a XR4046C at about 6000 feet and ended up trading it for a XR4145C because the XR4046C had no power at all at that elevation.

I doubt their are any new older tractors at dealers anymore, but if there is I would still with the newer ones. If you get a smoking deal on a used one I guess it is ok. But go with the new style if you go new.

Not a question pertaining to this thread, but I have had different answers from different dealers about the difference between a late 2019 XG3025 and early MT225E. One dealer said there were no difference in the engine (Mitsubishi). Another dealer said the injection timing was different and it was computer controlled. I have not been able to get any info off the internet. What would you say about the differences. Thanks for your thoughts!