Typical bought to small of tractor now need to sell

/ Typical bought to small of tractor now need to sell #1  

dwalk19

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 LS XG3140H TLB
Hey guys I bought a xj2025h last year which was fine for my needs but now I have an opportunity to start/work a flower farm, so I'm going to try and get a bigger tractor for better ground engaging work, what should be a reasonable price to try and sell my XJ2025H TLB with 66hrs, and filled tires, I listed it for $19000 with a 5' brush hog which I thought was a decent price but no interests so far

/ Typical bought to small of tractor now need to sell #2  
Hey guys I bought a xj2025h last year which was fine for my needs but now I have an opportunity to start/work a flower farm, so I'm going to try and get a bigger tractor for better ground engaging work, what should be a reasonable price to try and sell my XJ2025H TLB with 66hrs, and filled tires, I listed it for $19000 with a 5' brush hog which I thought was a decent price but no interests so far

It appears that you may have fallen into the "buy enough tractor" (NOT) trap.
I do not know what a dealer would sell your model for new, but a dealer WILL finance a NEW tractor.
That is your competition !
Unfortunately there are likely not a lot of buyers out there who have $19,000 cash, looking for a 25 HP TLB.
Your best option might be to try to work out a trade-in with your dealer.

/ Typical bought to small of tractor now need to sell #3  
HI, Maybe put it on consignment at the dealer or trade it in, Your going to take a hit anyway

/ Typical bought to small of tractor now need to sell #4  
The financing as mentioned will take most of the buyers in a new direction. I had a customer with a BX , low hours and all the goodies he was dumping. Took a year and he sold it cheap. The folks I sent his way said nope, going to finance it. So I think I paid 19 for my TLB. If financing wasn't an option, I wouldn't myself buy one a year old unless I saved 20% or better. When I retailed garden tractors anyways , the things I found was that 1) accessories and upgrades take a big hit on the used market and 2) retail $ was depreciated 20% a year. Hopefully you come out smelling like rose as they say. Or keep it and grab an additional tractor for any heavy ground work that you feel the XJ can't handle.

/ Typical bought to small of tractor now need to sell #5  
Not that it's much help but I paid $13k for mine used under 50 hrs. No BH. Came with filled tires, brand new 5' bush hog, and new SSQA pallet forks. Kubota BX25 TLB seem to be around $15k used here in very good shape which might be better comparison?

I like tomplum's suggestion - that's what my uncle did....he has a little JD 1025R and an old 8n (or similar) for stuff too big for the subcompact. Maybe a good running but well-used larger machine for the tougher tasks and keep the 2025 for most other daily tasks would be less $ overall?