LS tractors

/ LS tractors #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
We just got a new LS dealer near by. We were looking at them today and they said they were made in Korea but were a US company. As I was looking at them it looked alot like one of the Mcormicks my neighbor sells at his Branson,Mcormick, Farmtrac dealership. It also favors his little Farmtrac he had. Any LS owners here and how do yall like them? Dad was looking at hte little 38 HP model. Also is is a mate to any of the other Korean makes.

/ LS tractors #2  
Montana Compact's are also LS. Farmtrac and Montana built thier compacts on the same platform, painted a different color.

/ LS tractors #3  
Any LS owners here and how do yall like them?

So far so good with my Landini. I've only got 50 hrs so far but it has done everything I have asked of it. The 66" bucket is plenty big. If you plan to do heavy lifting in the front, make sure you get loaded tires, even though the tractor itself is quite beefy.

/ LS tractors #4  
I bought a LS 5030C that I very happy with. Dealer has been great and the factory has changed a couple things on my tractor I had concerns about through requests from my dealer. I think they are real serious about making you happy.

/ LS tractors
Our tractor and euipment dealer in Alabama added a new sales man to the company. He wanted dads 07 GMC truck that dad had for is salesman and dad was tired of having a truck too nice to work from. Dasd traded even for a new LS 3040 I. I like some of the features but I dont like it as well as the L3130 Kubota he had before. THe loader control is a bit mickey mouse and doenst want to do a lift and curl like the Kubota. Also the loader in all is a let down. I have about 80 yards of compost working up right now and dad was out going to help add some fresh wood chips to the pile. After going into the pile dad tried to curl the bucket back and the loader wouldnt raise or curl. The releif was working.

Dad called the dealer and they wont turn up the pressure setting without the warranty voiding, but the also dot have the equipment to test the releif setting. I think hit may be going out on the road for resale or trade in on another tractor. THe tractor is laid out pretty good and I like the factory dual remotes on it. I think he is going to call LS in NC to see who is the next nearest dealer that can fix it. I know how to set the pressure up but I dont want to void the warranty. We have an new dealer dow the road from the house about a mile but he has had problems with a customers Branson and the loader breaking the front axle Im sure he wont wantto turn up the loaders pressure either. Dads dealer says it was set from the factory lower than normal but I think it should be able to pick up a bucket of chips.

/ LS tractors #6  
Local dealer has them on his lot ... I asked him if the LS was related to the Montana's .. He said no Montana is gone, out of business, no longer. I asked what the Montana folks are doing for parts and he said ... "Praying"

/ LS tractors #7  
I have a LS3040 that is 6 months old and have moved tons of dirt and gravel with my fel being heaped and over flowing. Take it to the dealer and get it checked out. My dealer has bent over backwards for me.

It is the same old story, the dealer is more important than the actual brand.

Etced

Attachments

• DSCF0134 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0134 (Small).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,812
   / LS tractors
I think thats whats going to happen, dad is pretty easy going but the dealer doesnt have the testing euipment/ a simple gauge. I dont think they really know how. They mainly sell used machines and hay equipment. I dont think its got any major problems just the releif is set too low. THe only other thing is the stabilizer arms bent a bit from using the box blade in revers putting some gravel out. We will get some heavier after market ones for them. I really like the tractor baling hay with my mini baler though baled 250 the other day.

/ LS tractors #9  
I think thats whats going to happen, dad is pretty easy going but the dealer doesnt have the testing euipment/ a simple gauge. I dont think they really know how. They mainly sell used machines and hay equipment. I dont think its got any major problems just the releif is set too low. THe only other thing is the stabilizer arms bent a bit from using the box blade in revers putting some gravel out. We will get some heavier after market ones for them. I really like the tractor baling hay with my mini baler though baled 250 the other day.

How big of bales? Got any pictures?

/ LS tractors
Heres a PB link to one of the bales and the baler. I was baling some at work and ran out of twine so I carried one bale back to the shop/office untied in chamber. I ran the new twine in and tied this one and dumped it out. Heres the I3040 with the Takakita baler and bale.

http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr78/tumblebugtaylor/349.jpg