Loader LS Tractor U5030 pics

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #1  

ProdaddyTX

Silver Member
Tractor
Several LS tractors...current Fave is an MT225s
Hey folks. Thought I'd post some pics of the LS U5030 57 HP Utility Tractor.... it's a NIIIIICE machine. I'm real excited about the line, the warranty, the LS organization.... We're confident they're going to be a big winner and make lots of tractor buyers real happy! We're not total experts on them yet, but we'll do our best to answer any questions anybody might have about them.

Attachments

• u5030stu.jpg
    u5030stu.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 2,851
  • u5030rear.jpg
    u5030rear.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 940
  • u5030dash.jpg
    u5030dash.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 2,577
  • u5030rf.jpg
    u5030rf.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,120
  • u5030bucket.jpg
    u5030bucket.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 732
   / LS Tractor U5030 pics #2  
i have the montana version of this same tractor made by ls. I like the tractor but am having 2 main problems. mine is cab version and the a/c isn't very adjustable nor very cold. had the dealer check it and freon levels were okay. they told me it wasn't a john deere and thats just the way it works, I was just too picky. whats the use to have a a/c tractor that is hotter in the cab than it is outside the cab? second, am having a terrible time keeping the radiator clean and not overheating. the design of the air intake causing debris to build up on condensor and radiator blocking airflow. this happens nearly daily when brush hoggimg. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS to remedy these issues. ANYONE??? THANKS!!!

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #3  
   / LS Tractor U5030 pics #4  
Poorly, first of all any modern air conditioning unit on a tractor should run at least 15 degrees cooler then the outside temp.. Most run a lot cooler than that. The dealer that told you it's not a JD is misinformed. If your having trouble keeping the radiator, and condenser area clean, that could be the issue with you air problems. Dirty-plugged condensers cause higher pressures in the air system dropping the efficiently to next to nothing.I've even see the safety blow the charge, because of to high of head pressures. The R12 systems of yesteryear could withstand higher pressures because they ran at lower pressures to start. Today 134A systems are not near as forgiving. The chlorine in the R12 was a very efficient cooling agent. No chlorine in 134A used today. Going to have to find a technique to keep the condenser, radiator area clean and free flowing of air to keep the high pressure side at a lower psi..

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #5  
Talked to my buddy and he said they too have had to be careful to keep the radiator clean. He feels it is undersized but design wouldnt allow for a larger unit ( I wonder if a unit w/ same height and width but more depth and core rows would fit?). He too has seen a direct correlation between A/C cooling efficency and radiator/condensor cleanings.

I didn't get the impression he ever had issues with outright overheating but said when pulling a heavy 10' disc or bush hogging it would run hot at times and that times like that especially indicated it was due for a rad cleaning but it was something they tried to do regularly anyway.

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #6  
trac.......appreciate your advice. this is the first tractor cabbed with air control options that I've owned. I purchased it after MUCH thought and have been fairly pleased with the exceptions I first posted. It appears to me that the screen material in the hood area is too large in that too much debris is allowed to pass through and bud up on the condenser and then radiator. I will continue to pursue remedies to this problem. It appears that many models of modern day tractors have been built in this deseign. I can't believe others are not having these issues. Anymore thoughts....all advice appreicated.

thanks...............Poorly

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #7  
Daryl.........thanks for the info. I continue to search for ways to resolve my issues. I have been brushhogging with a 8' bushhog 3008 twin blade. I bought it second hand and it probably is a maximum attachment for this tractor. So far it handles it well on our hilly farm situation. One of my friends suggested installing a shut-off in the hot water line to reduce the flow of circulating hot water through the air handler in the cab. I have not ventured into this as to whether it could be done or not. I would hope that LS TRACTOR, the manufacturer would come up with an answer tothis problem and then share it or make a kit to midify the system. thanks again for your advice and anymore is welcomed.
poorly

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #8  
darryl...............just finished the references u posted to me. very informative. THANKS!!
Poorly

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #9  
I have a LS U5030C and have no trouble with the air it will freeze me out on a 95 deg. day. I do keep the rad clean in tall stuff. I clean it every day down to once a week if the grass is low. You are only going to know if you have a problem our a poorly design air unit is to test it.

/ LS Tractor U5030 pics #10  
I have a LS U5030C and have no trouble with the air it will freeze me out on a 95 deg. day. I do keep the rad clean in tall stuff. I clean it every day down to once a week if the grass is low. You are only going to know if you have a problem our a poorly design air unit is to test it.
I have even had the a/c unit re-charged last summer. It wasn't really too low but did take a little freon to bring to maximum effiecency. I was using the Montana 5784 a couple week ago and the tactor was not running hot on the temp gauge but, it wascooler outside than it was in the cab. I just think that for a a/c cab I shouldn't b sweating while using the tractor on a hot day and feel cooler outside the cab than inside?!! I now have 365 hours on the meter so the history continues to show issues that are continuing just as it did when I first purchased the unit. I guess that I am just disappointed in the performance of this tractor in the enviormental staus of comfort. I like the tractor otherwise. When the dealer told me it wasn't a john deere my reply was I guess I didn't ask enough questions before purchasing it, He told me I was just too damned picky!! I told him he wasn't the only tractor dealer in world!!