MY new LS P 7010

/ MY new LS P 7010 #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I was looking at all the brands for pricing and features (Kubota, NH, Case, JD and MF) in the 50+ HP compact frame size and kind of ran up on an LS dealer that sold Mahindra and was a former Kioti dealer. He had a couple on new LS P7010 with 24F/24R shuttle shift transmissions models along with U 5030 and Mahindra tractors. I had to test drive the P 7010's since they were there. After looking at the 5030 compared to the 7010, I didnt even want to look at the 5030 anymore. Although the HP is 72 and much more than I was looking for, I asked for a price anyway and was surprised to say the least. The photos tells the story of what I got. After unloading and reading the manual to familiarize myself with the controls, I put it to work. It took 2 whole 10 hour days to complete the pond which is about 8 feet deep. Photos were taken in afternoon of first day. I thought I may have problems with digging with the smooth blade, but that 6600+ pound tractor drove it right into the rock hard ground. I dug the pond down till I hit shale rock and used all the dirt to make the levees. After leveling the tops, I ended up with a levee about 8 feet wide on top and 15 or so at bottom. This area has been spring fed for the last 3 years that I owned this property but this year it dried up due to 4 months of drought. I took the opportunity to put in the pond which started out to be small Koi pond, but it was so much fun digging it that I just couldnt stop.

Attachments

• IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 1,597
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 1,237
   / MY new LS P 7010 #2  
Thats a beautiful tractor.
I have not even seen an LS face to face yet.
But on paper they cant be beat - side to side with all you get.
And I have been putting them side by side with allot of tractors.
I cant beleive the size of that rock :laughing:
Great job:thumbsup:

/ MY new LS P 7010
I estimated that rock weighed in the neighborhood of 6000 pounds. The tractor lifted it OK but it didnt take much more than a red bug to pop the rears off the ground. I moved several more around the same size for my other pond, perfect for sitting on when fishing or just contemplating life.
The LS tractors look a lot like New Holland and for those not too familiar with this brand, they have made some tractors for NH, Mahindra and TYM that I am aware of. I read that NH has signed a deal with them to take 35,000 LS models to Brand as LS NEW HOLLAND. I dont think you can beat the standard features that come with these tractors that are extra on most others. THe 7010 for instance came std. with 3 sets of rear remotes and the FEL control is the most comfortable position of any tractor I sat on. Speaking of seating, the seat is comfortable also. I spent a couple of 10 hours days on this tractor and the only thing tired was my arm from shifting back and forth with my left hand. It also seems to be very easy on fuel. I ran 10 hours on less than half a tank (about 9 gallons) loading natural compacted dirt with the FEL and making the pond levee which had all 4 tires spinning loading it up so the engine was fairly loaded. Of course I was only running about 1500 RPM. Which brings to mind the issue that it has a 3 speed PTO (540,750 and 1000 RPM) I figure with that much HP I can throttle back to about 1500 RPM or so and pull my 6 foot bush hog using the 750 rpm and have plenty of power. I havent calculated out the speed yet but I am sure that will save a lot of fuel.

/ MY new LS P 7010 #4  
Have to admit I'm a bit envious of your new machine. Not sure why when my little LS S3010 has done everything I have needed to do (and more) for almost a year now. Well congrats to you on your sweet new ride. I'm pretty sure us LS buyers are getting more tractor for the money -- I paid mine off a few months ago. Not something I would have been able to do had I bought anything close to it in green or orange.:thumbsup:

/ MY new LS P 7010
I agree with you. The money we paid for our LS models would only buy half the tractor with JD or Kubota. Well actually I dont know how much Kubota I could have bought since the Kubota dealer never even gave me a quote even after the second visit to his shop and letting him know that I was going to buy a tractor in the next few days. Must be nice to have so much business that you can ignore a customer. I was so awed with the price of this machine that I didnt even haggle with the guy. I could likely have got him down another thousand, but the $35,500 was only $700 more than MF wanted for a 1652 which wasnt half the tractor that the LS is. I really didnt need the HP and was really only looking at the 50 HP just to get a cab since most of the makes dont start putting on cabs till about that range. But after driving the 7010, the 5030 just seemed inadequate and super small. Since I was budgeted for $35,000 anyway, I thought why not go ahead with the bigger tractor. I have no issues at my place with confined spaces and my "Tim the Tool Man" brain said more power is better. I dont think I have ever heard anyone say "I sure wish I had less power in my tractor" or "I wish I had less traction as my tractor pulls too much and the FEL lifts too much." I think I would question that persons sanity if I ever heard that. However I must confess that between me and my brother in law who lives right across the bass pond from me, we do have a variety of tractors to use. He has a 750 JD that we basically just use to dig post holes with, but also have a 4 foot shredder that goes with it. He also has a NH T2030 with Cab and FEL and I have my old Yanmar 4220 with FEL. So we have tractors to meet just about any situation. Then we also have a variety of small lawn mowers (17 HP Troybuilt 42" lawn tractor, 25Hp Craftsman-52" lawn tractor and a Craftsman 26 Hp 52" ZTR. I will probably end up getting a bigger rotary cutter for the 7010 than the current 6 foot model but for right now, I will just keep it throttled back and use the 750 rpm PTO to cruise at low power.

/ MY new LS P 7010 #6  
Well actually I dont know how much Kubota I could have bought since the Kubota dealer never even gave me a quote even after the second visit to his shop and letting him know that I was going to buy a tractor in the next few days. Must be nice to have so much business that you can ignore a customer.

If you told the Kubota dealer you were looking at ALL tractor brands, maybe they thought giving you a quote would be a waste of time. When it comes to tractors, brand loyalty is clearly a really big factor for a lot of people. Maybe you weren't wearing the right color hat or something. Anyway, nice to hear good things about LS -- hope it doesn't run up the prices on them too much before others get a chance at a decent deal on one.:)

/ MY new LS P 7010
Well the lack of bid was no great loss with Kubota. First off, he had none of the models that I was looking for in 50+ HP with cab. The ones he had were not a good fit for me ergonomically so I would expect the Grand L 5030 to be not much better. So far I really like the LS. I spent 2 full days starting at 7am till 6 pm stopping only for a sandwich at lunch and I was still comfortable with the seat. The shuttle shift is a bit of a reach but the FEL control is right at your hand with your arm on the arm rest. Arm rest: I couldn't believe the number of tractors that didnt have arm rest. I guess I can understand 20-30 HP not having armrest on the seats, but 50+ HP tractors with el-cheapo seats. Surely anyone spending 20 grand on a tractor would not pass the deal up by charging an extra $200-300 for a descent seat.

/ MY new LS P 7010 #8  
I bought a LS 7010 last December, have had great luck with it. Seems to have more than enough power. I also have dug some huge rocks out with the FEL, and it has lots of power. I'm from New Brunswick, Canada, so far LS has a strong dealer network here. Glad to see some comments about this model tractor since they are "New" on the North American market.

/ MY new LS P 7010
Glad to see another member of the LS team here. I see lots of dealers on the website and I know of more that are not listed so they need to work on that. From my search on tractors I looked at all brands and I liked the looks of the LS the best and that was before I got the price on them which was much lower than JD, MF, Case or NH. As I said, couldnt get the Kubota dealer to return my call even after I visited his shop twice. He was just too busy with getting some sale ready to go out. I sure dont know what a salesman has to do with getting a sold tractor ready to ship that is so time consuming that it takes 100% of his time for 4 days (before I bought) still no quote and it has been 2 months. I visited Kioti and Mahindra dealers also which is where I ran across the LS tractors. Setting side by side with Kioti and Mahindra, there was no comparison with LS the winner hands down.

/ MY new LS P 7010 #10  
Hello,

I had a dew small issues that were resolved by my Dealer and LS at no cost to me, they even picked tractor up and drove to shop which is only 4 miles away.
I had a front tire start to crack but did not lose air, they replaced front tire with same "Titan" brand. Tire shop guy told me that mine was the 8th tractor they had to replace one or more tires on in my area.

My FEL mounting brackets also had the paint cracking and peeling off, and underneath it revealed no primer had been used to prep brackets. I emailed photo to my Dealer, and few weeks later they called me and said LS is going to replace the whole FEL (not bucket). Needless to say I was speechless, I told them I would have been satisfied to take brackets and get them prepped and painted locally. So after 100 hrs I received a new FEL minus my bucket which I wanted to keep since I had done some modifications to it.

All in all, these were small issues with excellent customer service from the Dealer and LS.

I just thought you might like to know.