LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #11  
re: LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

Im seeing "31A4002100: on the Oil Filter (no dashes)

Your eyesite is better than mine for sure, it looked to me like the same filter my honda motorcycle takes and my yamaha atv if thats the case I have a bunch of purlator filters in the garage. Thanks a bunch.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #12  

These are the filters I run on my atv and motorcycle, pureone purolators, I use the longer one of these two as I have room for them PL 14610 or PL14612 don't remember which one right now, cross referenced I think they are the same as the ML16817 but the ML version is made in China, I think I have two of them given to me by a friend that he used on his Goldwing.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #13  
Last edited:
   / LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #14  

Coming up on 50 hours with my R4010.

Thanks for doing this thread, Rod. You do rock!

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

Yes, I just did my 50 hour on mine.
The fuel filter is the only part that took time.
Remember there are two drain plugs in the oil pan, right and left side (if you have a 4 wheel drive).

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #16  

I went to my LS dealer and to NAPA yesterday. I used the WIX numbers and the NAPA hydraulic filter was more expensive than the dealer's version. The dealer was out so I'm going to order one there.

The engine oil filter WIX number didn't compute at NAPA. I used the Fram number and that crossed to a NAPA Gold 1334 (same as my Honda Civic).

rocknrod said:
Yes, I just did my 50 hour on mine.
The fuel filter is the only part that took time.
Remember there are two drain plugs in the oil pan, right and left side (if you have a 4 wheel drive.

The only two filter elements to replace at 50 hours in my Op's Manual are engine oil and trans/hydraulic oil. It doesn't call for an engine oil change until 300 hours.

I'm going for redundancy in fuel filters anyway by adding a super good filter to the line before the stocker. The Pacific Northwest is under water too much of the time. I pumped the injectors full of water on my old tractor once. I like having a see-through sediment bowl.

=========================

Geez, Rod, you got your R4010 on New Years Eve and just getting to 50 hours? I'm getting there in less than five weeks. I guess us submareeners are more productive than you skimmers.

Last edited:

The engine oil filter WIX number didn't compute at NAPA. I used the Fram number and that crossed to a NAPA Gold 1334 (same as my Honda Civic).
Yep thats the one.

Geez, Rod, you got your R4010 on New Years Eve and just getting to 50 hours? I'm getting there in less than five weeks. I guess us submareeners are more productive than you skimmers.
Well I dont live at home. I just visit. I'm a road *****.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #18  

Bump.

Do we (who own LS tractors) need a sticky with oil, gas, air filter information?
I will add that from what I gather the following info is for the R4010:

Wix filter info:
Fuel Filter P/N 33128, Engine - Mitsubishi S4QL Engine

Oil Filter P/N 5106453, Engine - Mitsubishi S4QL Engine

Air Filter P/N 46438, Donaldson P/N P821575
WIX Filters : Filter Look-Up
Fleetguard:
Wix 46438 & Napa 6438 Air Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store
Napa 6438
NAPA Online
Fram Air CA9550:
Search Results
Gravely Air PP30055
Gravely 21537000 Replacement [PP30055 Grave] - $13.76 : 491588, Air Filters, Air Filters, Oil Filter for small engines

Fram Oil:
FRAM - Part Details

Also here is some info on the filter for other manufacturers models with the same engines etc. but youll have to do some cross referencing:
tractor_filters[1].pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

If you do want a Sticky - Lets contact a Moderator, like:
TractorByNet.com
Or if you know of one.

If not, so be it.

R4041EZ
NAPA brand.
Air: (Inner) NAPA 2985 (Outer) NAPA 6438
Hydro: NAPA 1715
Fuel: NAPA 3128
Oil: NAPA 1064 (has bypass and anti drainback)

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #20  
Rod... copy and paste me post and i get no love... just kidding. Any info or help I can give to fellow ls'ers is my pleasure.