LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #201  
Are non LS filters ok to use and not void the warranty? And anyone have any info on the newer LS engines in the xr4100 series?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #202  
Are non LS filters ok to use and not void the warranty? And anyone have any info on the newer LS engines in the xr4100 series?
Yes, aftermarket is ALWAYS fine for warranty purposes as long as they meet the manufacturers standards. They have to prove it was the fault of the aftermarket parts. The only legal way to require OEM only service parts is to provide them free of charge.

Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #203  
If I were a dishonest man, I'd replace the factory original filter with a suitable substitute, keeping the original for a future warranty issue, and I would just put the original back on before hauling the tractor back to the dealer. I think we tend to over think these parts; a filter comes before the engine, that is an engineer creates an oiling system based on available technology. That's why we see one FRAM filter for example with hundreds of applications across many engines, makes, and models. Once the cross-reference from LS 40006977 to an after market supplier is revealed, they lose visits to the dealership, they lose their sky high shipping and handling charges. All it takes is for someone at "Big Filter Company" to obtain the LS oil filter and have the engineer tear it apart. Why that hasn't happened is a mystery.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #204  
Once the cross-reference from LS 40006977 to an after market supplier is revealed, they lose visits to the dealership, they lose their sky high shipping and handling charges. All it takes is for someone at "Big Filter Company" to obtain the LS oil filter and have the engineer tear it apart. Why that hasn't happened is a mystery.

Messick's has that filter for under $10.
Same filter fits New Holland.

Case / New Holland: FILTER, Part # MT46977

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #205  
I just completed the 50 hr service on my LS XR4150. Here are the filters I used. Purchased from RCO tractor in Austin, TX

Apparently you can use the same filters from the 4000 series according to their description.

LS XR4150 Filters.jpg

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #206  
Did my 50 hour oil change on a XR4046H. Used the napa 7000 oil filter. It was a bit pricey but that is what wix said to use. I looked at the fram 3614 which is much cheaper but the bypass valve setting is a bit higher than the wix 57000/napa7000. Like 3 or 4 psi more. With a diesel engine and the new DPF junk on them the oil gets dirtier(more soot). At least mine seems to. It was much blacker than I expected for only 50 hours when I drained it and kinda had that smell to it like my truck oil does when I drain it. So I think maybe dirty oil is better than no oil if filter starts to become blocked. I will be changing it again at 100 hours instead of the 250 the manual suggests to see if it is any cleaner. As for the hydraulic oil, I am about to change the filters. I know I will loose some oil. I have some Kubota Super UDT2 on hand and have seen on here others switching to it. It is full synthetic. Does anyone see an issue with adding the UTD2 to my existing oil to top it off after replacing just the filters? I am pretty sure the tractor has conventional in it from the factory.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #207  
A little update on realhunters post since RCO doesn't put the actual filter numbers on their invoice. They substitute baldwin filters for everything the y can. I have a 2016 LS XR4150HC so here is the list I have of filters which also includes the HST filter:

Hydraulic filter: Baldwin bt839-10 or wix 51551MP
Oil filter: Baldwin B243 or wix 51516 or 51516XP
HST Filter: No Baldwin match, Wix 51715

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #208  
Rowdy,

Any problems? I'm hearing that the (oil) filter for your machine and my machine may be the same. I have an XR3135H and having a hard time finding an aftermarket oil filter. Sounds like you scored but did it work?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #209  
Rowdy,

Any problems? I'm hearing that the (oil) filter for your machine and my machine may be the same. I have an XR3135H and having a hard time finding an aftermarket oil filter. Sounds like you scored but did it work?

The baldwin filter is what my dealer supplies (RCO tractor) and works fine. I haven't installed the wix filter yet but looks identical and is a direct cross on the wix site with the baldwin product. If you want to get the baldwin just look up RCO tractor on google and give them a call, the price was reasonable.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #210  
an LS factory guy told me the 4100 series used the same oil filter as the 4000 series...am not sure I believe it....engines are so different. I have an XR 4145 HC. bought an LS filter from the dealer and it was $45,00. Just about choked. I am still looking for a cross. The 4100 series is not in the auto parts stores books yet.
Going to synthetic Rotella T6+ and want a Wix XP filter.