LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #211  
I concur, it does work. I also had the same mess on my XR 4145 HC

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #212  
Wix filters are available for the 4000 series, but not the newer 4100 with the 3 cylinder turbo. Those filters will be available before long. the factory filter at the dealer was $45.00. what a rip off.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #213  
Wix filters makes the filters for NAPA. They are exactly the same so buy whichever is cheaper. I usually buy my Wix filters at O Reilley auto parts store.
Once a year NAPA has a filter sale and prices them below dealer cost to get folks in the stores. Was told this by a friend who manages a NAPA store. Buy and stock up then.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #214  
A little off topic, but search function did not seem to help. I have a 3039, 2 1/2 years and battery is gone I guess, a little disappointing, but done fighting it. Any suggestions for where to get best price and anyone have recommendation on what band has lasted the longest for you?

According to Gary at LS...I need an 80 Amp with 660 Cold Cranking Amps...any help will be appreciated!

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #215  
walmart batteries are as good as any. have purchased them before. price is better than most places.
delco makes the batteries sold a K Mart....had a delco employee tell me the standards for K Mart batteries were higher than the regular delco.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #216  
When you consider this entire thread, here's how it turned out. I found that planning to do my entire 50hr myself was a confusing endeavor. My book says that only two fluids need to be changed and everything else "checked". My dealer had it quite the opposite. If you scour the web including this site, you should flush everything factory and start anew and then future maintenance is solid. Everything else excluded, I am a hostage to my dealer for the oil filter. Merles, Napa, Wix, everyone agrees that it exists. No one has it in stock. XR3135H is a new LS with a new LS engine. In a few years, we'll be swimming oil filters. In fact, it's rather cheap at the dealer, but everything else is going to cost me out the butt. I hope everyone else has the patience to hang on for the filter to go public but I want my 50hr out of the way and to travel on with my machine.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #217  
When you consider this entire thread, here's how it turned out. I found that planning to do my entire 50hr myself was a confusing endeavor. My book says that only two fluids need to be changed and everything else "checked". My dealer had it quite the opposite. If you scour the web including this site, you should flush everything factory and start anew and then future maintenance is solid. Everything else excluded, I am a hostage to my dealer for the oil filter. Merles, Napa, Wix, everyone agrees that it exists. No one has it in stock. XR3135H is a new LS with a new LS engine. In a few years, we'll be swimming oil filters. In fact, it's rather cheap at the dealer, but everything else is going to cost me out the butt. I hope everyone else has the patience to hang on for the filter to go public but I want my 50hr out of the way and to travel on with my machine.

What two fluids need to be changed? The hydraulic and hydrostatic are a common sump. That just leaves the engine oil as the second fluid.

My R3039H manual is clear. 50 hour service was engine oil and filter change. Hydraulic and hydrostatic filters only changed. Next fluid change for hydrostatic and hydraulic is 300 hours.

I bought all three filters and 2 gallons of hydraulic fluid to have on hand for any loss during filter change for around $140 from my dealer. I didn't see this as over priced and in the future, the need for filters (at least hydraulic and hydrostatic) will be years apart.

By the way, I was ready for the hydrostatic and hydraulic oil loss on filter removal and only lost about 2 quarts total.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #218  
use the vaccum cleaner and you we'll only lose what is in the filter.....really works......my dealer said not to change the hst filter on the 50 hour. he said it is okay to wait till the fluid change.
I changed oil and hydraulic filter on the 50 hour.....I have an XR 4145 HC.......I was charged $45 for the LS oil filter....last time I'll buy that one.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #219  
A little update on realhunters post since RCO doesn't put the actual filter numbers on their invoice. They substitute baldwin filters for everything the y can. I have a 2016 LS XR4150HC so here is the list I have of filters which also includes the HST filter:

Hydraulic filter: Baldwin bt839-10 or wix 51551MP
Oil filter: Baldwin B243 or wix 51516 or 51516XP
HST Filter: No Baldwin match, Wix 51715

Rowdy here you've got 2 separate filters listed for hydraulic but when I look at the wix site they only list one? What's the difference you think?

Search by Vehicle Result

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #220  
The xp according to the description is designed speciffically for synthetic oils