LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #281  
XR4140HC owner here. My dealer told me NAPA 1516 for oil filter, which we all know is the Wix 51516. I saw another poster said they tried that and it fit but was smaller than the stock oil filter, and he is now using a Wix Oil Filter WL7426 that he says is the same size and shape as the original. That WL7426 seems exceedingly hard to find in the US for a decent price. RockAuto has it but shipping killed the deal for me so I ordered one from ebay from a seller in the UK for $13 shipped. It should be here next week. Though I assume the 1516 filter my dealer uses would also be just fine... Thoughts?

Also: my dealer says do not bother with the hydraulic filters at 50 hours (and yes they know the manual says to change it). They say they never do it until 250 hours in any case. At 50h, they just do the oil and oil filter. How does everyone feel about that advice?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #282  
XR4140HC owner here. My dealer told me NAPA 1516 for oil filter, which we all know is the Wix 51516. I saw another poster said they tried that and it fit but was smaller than the stock oil filter, and he is now using a Wix Oil Filter WL7426 that he says is the same size and shape as the original. That WL7426 seems exceedingly hard to find in the US for a decent price. RockAuto has it but shipping killed the deal for me so I ordered one from ebay from a seller in the UK for $13 shipped. It should be here next week. Though I assume the 1516 filter my dealer uses would also be just fine... Thoughts?

Also: my dealer says do not bother with the hydraulic filters at 50 hours (and yes they know the manual says to change it). They say they never do it until 250 hours in any case. At 50h, they just do the oil and oil filter. How does everyone feel about that advice?

That guy was me. I bought my filters from Rockauto ($6) WIX WL7426 Oil Filter | RockAuto

I bought 3 of them, so the shipping wasn't too bad in the long run. When you take off your old filter, would you send it to me? I want to cut it open and compare it to the Wix unit, I'll open one of those up too and post pics.

As far as the hydro-static filter at 50hrs, I'll do mine this spring at about 65hrs, just because it's cheap insurance.

Hydraulic filter is at Rockauto too ($33) WIX 51715 | RockAuto

Fuel filter Rockauto ($6) WIX WF8395 Fuel Filter | RockAuto

Last edited:
   / LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #283  
R3039H owner here.

$12.60 for my last 2 genuine LS engine oil filters from my local LS dealer. Plus, I got to shoot the breeze with the owner and parts guy!.

Don't anyone value a relationship with their local dealers (no matter what the brand) anymore?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #284  
R3039H owner here.

$12.60 for my last 2 genuine LS engine oil filters from my local LS dealer. Plus, I got to shoot the breeze with the owner and parts guy!.

Don't anyone value a relationship with their local dealers (no matter what the brand) anymore?

My local dealer uses NAPA filters and they are almost a half day's drive away :( Otherwise, yeah I would use them.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #285  
That guy was me. I bought my filters from Rockauto WIX WL7426 Oil Filter | RockAuto

I bought 3 of them, so the shipping wasn't too bad in the long run. When you take off your old filter, would you send it to me? I want to cut it open and compare it to the Wix unit, I'll open one of those up too and post pics.

As far as the hydro-static filter at 50hrs, I'll do mine this spring at about 65hrs, just because it's cheap insurance.

Thanks sir. Yes your post and messaging was what led me to the WL7426. I think I want to keep my original LS filters on hand just in case I ever have a warranty issue, I can spin them back on there :)

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #286  
I wish my local dealer was nice. Hasn稚 been the best place to visit.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #287  
As long as a aftermarket part is listed as a driect replacement ( ie. WIX 51516...NAPA 1616 ) there will be no warranty issues thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act ...be careful using out of spec filters (even top of the line )if dont want any possible warranty issues

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #288  
SORRY I HAVE NOT READ EVERY THREAD ON HERE. I ASK A FAVOR P L E A S E . . . .

MY 18 XG 3140 H, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ALL THE FILTERS I CAN USE (Who has best prices). I was advised to use Delo 15-40 non synthetic true or not? What is the best oil for this motor? Thanks all, and as I learn this tractor I promise to reciprocate. Anyone in South Carolina? If so, as evidence I will reciprocate, go to lee-lee.net top left hover over the Lee's (must be on laptop or desk top or if you have a way to put phone into the mode) you will see a page 2 link. If you get in there and I can help...Holler...

Thanks for your help,

Chris

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #289  
Personally I use Wix/Napa filters
Oil is your preference, any 15W40 brand name that's rated for your engine is fine
Synthetic oil is a higher quality oil and is especially good in cold weather starts...

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #290  
SORRY I HAVE NOT READ EVERY THREAD ON HERE. I ASK A FAVOR P L E A S E . . . .

MY 18 XG 3140 H, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ALL THE FILTERS I CAN USE (Who has best prices). I was advised to use Delo 15-40 non synthetic true or not? What is the best oil for this motor? Thanks all, and as I learn this tractor I promise to reciprocate. Anyone in South Carolina? If so, as evidence I will reciprocate, go to lee-lee.net top left hover over the Lee's (must be on laptop or desk top or if you have a way to put phone into the mode) you will see a page 2 link. If you get in there and I can help...Holler...

Thanks for your help,

Chris

WIX has filters for your tractor, except the oil filter and pre-fuel filter (if equipped). Fuel filter is WF8395, Air filters are 46438 and 46490, and Hydraulic filter is 51715. I purchase the filters for my XG3037 on Amazon....found best prices there. I use a 15W-40 non-synthetic in my tractor.