LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #21  
re: LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

http://www.napafilters.com/filterlookup/

=============================

I got the Napa 1334 for my R4010. I see that the 1334 has a physically larger can and a lower bypass pressure. There are some differences I don't understand and some I do. Both have the same max flow rate. I don't think I'll worry about burst pressure, as I haven't popped it yet.

A comparison of Napa 1064 and 1334:

Napa 1064:

Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube/Transmission
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 2.944
Outer Diameter Top: 3.243
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 20X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 16
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20=14/30
Burst Pressure-PSI: 355
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 21

Gasket Diameters
Number - O.D. -- I.D. -- Thk.
Attached 2.475 2.173 0.233

Napa 1334

Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 3.194
Outer Diameter Top: 3.252
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 20X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8-11
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20=22/40
Burst Pressure-PSI: 280
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 19

Gasket Diameters
Number - O.D. - I.D. - Thk.
Attached 2.475 2.173 0.233

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #22  
Guys I REALLY need your help!

I'm in the middle of my 50 hour maintenance and need the right number for the hydraulic filter. I thought I had the right one from the TYM forum but when I took the original one off it looked different. Larger and higher seal. Thread looks the same.

I have the smaller S3L engine. The WIX site doesn't seem to have info on it.

Can any of you please help. The wife is not happy to have the tractor in her garage.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #23  
So I have tracked down the filter numbers sold by the dealer and they match what I bought. The NAPA dealer could only guess that the filter was changed since i bought the tractor.

So I need to either wait to hear from someone here or just try to use it. I really don't like the idea of putting it on and pouring in the fluid only to have it leak the first time I start it up. Such a big difference in gasket size is making me nervous.

If there is anyone that has changed these, please let me know what you found.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #24  

Post your model number and maybe you'll get someone who knows. Saying it's an S3L might not be enough.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #25  
Montana T2334, 2007
Mitsubishi S3L diesel engine

All of the other numbers I can find line up with what others have used with the TYM, Montana, and LS. there are other manufacturers that use the same Mitsubishi engines.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #26  

ShortGame..I am coming up on my 50 hour service and took the Hydrolic filter # into Napa and got quoted at 55 dollars! Does this sound about right or is the price high? Been awhile since i bought one and they have to order it in so i want to make sure i got the right one..Napa 1715 or wix 51715..not sure which he used but your post said either would work..Eng is the same from your 4010 to my 5020..

Also wondering if you had the wix Number for the oil filter..

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #27  

ShortGame..I am coming up on my 50 hour service and took the Hydrolic filter # into Napa and got quoted at 55 dollars! Does this sound about right or is the price high? Been awhile since i bought one and they have to order it in so i want to make sure i got the right one..Napa 1715 or wix 51715..not sure which he used but your post said either would work..Eng is the same from your 4010 to my 5020..

I think you are thinkig of Rockin' Rod's post.

I don't think I posted anyting about WIX numbers, as the dealer and NAPA are about it for me around here. I don't remember the number of the hydraulic filter, but yes, NAPA was quite a bit higher than the LS dealer, so I got mine there.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #28  
toxicjeeper said:

I went to my dealer for my filters an both together were less than $60 mine is U5030

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #29  

For me, NAPA won out on the engine oil filter. The dealer came out quite a bit better on the hydraulic.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #30  

R4041EZ
NAPA brand.
Air: (Inner) NAPA 2985 (Outer) NAPA 6438
Hydro: NAPA 1715
Fuel: NAPA 3128
Oil: NAPA 1064 (has bypass and anti drainback)

I have the 4041EZ and called my dealer to price out his stuff and he said there is no cross-reference for Wix and Napa, etc yet. Is this true or is he just behind? He doesn't come across as someone that is on top of things. What I wouldn't want to do is cause any recourse for LS to not honor a warranty issue down the road. So far they have been nothing but great to work with but there has been nothing big to worry about.
So thoughts?