LS vs. Mahindra

/ LS vs. Mahindra #31  
So are the loader capacities, and the tractor weighs more than their cabbed tractor. That's on an old 7520 model, the new 8560's spec out even better and weigh a 1000lbs more than the P7040S. But the Mahindra only has a 12x12 trans with syncro shuttle where as the LS models have a 20x20 power shuttle trans. I for one am satisfied with the 12x12 tranny, but it would be nice to have a 16x16 power shuttle. I'm not farming, so no need for the 20x20 tranny. I feel that LS is at the same position that Mahindra was back in 04-05. Very good machines selling for what is the best bang for the buck at the time. Anyone looking to purchase a new tractor is foolish to not at least look at and consider an LS tractor at this time IMO.

Just my :2cents:

Your posts are always straight up and fair. It was only after buying some land that I realized I was going to need a tractor. I began by researching pretty much everything out there. I had already decided to go with the Mahindra 2816 when I stumbled upon the LS S3010. They stacked up against each other pretty well in many areas, so the biggest determining factor for me turned out to be the price with the bundled FEL. If I am ever in the market again, I'll start the process all over again with some bias toward LS. I guess that's just how it goes once a brand has proven itself to you. I don't think I'll ever be as rabid about any brand as they are in the some of other brand's forums. Not saying it's bad, but it's not the way my mind works.

Last edited:
   / LS vs. Mahindra #32  
Your posts are always straight up and fair. It was only after buying some land that I realized I was going to need a tractor. I began by researching pretty much everything out there. I had already decided to go with the Mahindra 2816 when I stumbled upon the LS S3010. They stacked up against each other pretty well in many areas, so the biggest determining factor for me turned out to be the price with the bundled FEL. If I am ever in the market again, I'll start the process all over again with some bias toward LS. I guess that's just how it goes once a brand has proven itself to you. I don't think I'll ever be as rabid about any brand as they are in the some of other brand's forums. Not saying it's bad, but it's not the way my mind works.

Thanks for your comment. When money is not a huge concern, it is a lot easier to consider some of the other brands. But for those of us that need to pay attention to where that money goes, we usually need to get the most bang for the buck and at this moment in time that happens to be the LS tractors. What I had seen at the Tulare World AG Expo earlier in the month was that all the Korean manufacturers, Kubota and Mahindra had about every model that they each make out on display. (Very nice ) New Holland had their LS models and their big stuff. All the other guys that have big farm equipment. None of the big guys had more than 2-3 compacts. It was very easy to see who was targeting what market. The big guys sure were not pushing any of their small stuff, that's for sure. Most of the implement guys where pushing the really big stuff, cat 3 & 4 and pull implements. Not much in the way of cat 1 & 2 stuff.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #33  
...What I had seen at the Tulare World AG Expo earlier in the month was that all the Korean manufacturers, Kubota and Mahindra ...
Doesnt Mahindra build their tractors in India?
Billstractor.com in San Antonio got to tour their factory:
http://www.billstractor.com/mahindrafactory.htm

and heres a bit of news about cnh:
http://investors.cnh.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=61651&p=irol-newsArticle_print&ID=1468935&highlight=

Interesting.
New-Holland-Fiat-India.jpg

http://www.technicstoday.com/2010/0...es-150000th-tractor-made-at-its-indian-plant/

Last edited:
   / LS vs. Mahindra #34  
Doesnt Mahindra build their tractors in India?
Billstractor.com in San Antonio got to tour their factory:
Mahindra Factory Tour

and heres a bit of news about cnh:
CNH | Investors | News Release

Interesting.
New-Holland-Fiat-India.jpg

New Holland Celebrates 150,000th Tractor Made at its Indian Plant | Technics Today.com

Yes, Mahindra make their tractors in India and Kubota makes theirs in Japan. I said "(all the Korean manufacturers, Kubota and Mahindra had about every model that they each make out on display. (Very nice )" What's your point? Are you thinking that I was including Mahindra in with the Korean tractors? And if you were thinking that, then I would have thought that you were thinking that I thought that Kubota was Korean also? :confused2:

/ LS vs. Mahindra #35  
What I had seen at the Tulare World AG Expo earlier in the month was that all the Korean manufacturers, Kubota and Mahindra had about every model that they each make out on display. (Very nice ) New Holland had their LS models and their big stuff. All the other guys that have big farm equipment. None of the big guys had more than 2-3 compacts. It was very easy to see who was targeting what market. The big guys sure were not pushing any of their small stuff, that's for sure. Most of the implement guys where pushing the really big stuff, cat 3 & 4 and pull implements. Not much in the way of cat 1 & 2 stuff.

Let's really look at this here... It is an "AG" expo, not a "CUT" expo. To say that the "big guys" arent pushing their small stuff really misses the point of the show. What Korean / Japanese / Indian companies both manufacture large Ag equipment AND sell it in the U.S.? Let's not say that Deere, NH, Case and MF arent in the CUT business just because they do not prominently show them at an AG show. Not a very fair conclusion, IMHO.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #36  
Let's really look at this here... It is an "AG" expo, not a "CUT" expo. To say that the "big guys" arent pushing their small stuff really misses the point of the show. What Korean / Japanese / Indian companies both manufacture large Ag equipment AND sell it in the U.S.? Let's not say that Deere, NH, Case and MF arent in the CUT business just because they do not prominently show them at an AG show. Not a very fair conclusion, IMHO.

Well, of the past 5 years, this year was the smallest showing of CUTs that the bigger guys have had on display. Yes it is an AG show, and the bigger AG companies have had bigger displays of CUT tractors in the past years. I was not saying that the companies that you listed don't have CUTs, I said that they were pushing what their big machine market is. You know that with the economy down, they probably know that not many home owners are out looking at CUTs, so why bother taking them to the show. Now farmers are always looking at this stuff, so they concentrate on AG stuff vs home owner stuff. On the other hand the guys that sell the smaller machines each had very good displays IMO.

I was just basing my opinion on what I saw and have seen there in the past 5 years. Maybe my interpretation was wrong. :confused3: Have you gone to the show in the past? Did you go this year? I was just reporting on what I have seen past and present and how I interpret those observations. Keep in mind that this is for the West Coast and not in the Midwest. I'm sure that things may be different in Iowa.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #37  
Li'' Blue,

I appreciate the welcome. Yes, the looking on my MC will be good. Weather finally breaking - 10 days ago it was -31 F just one county over. No MC that day.

Best,
Alan

/ LS vs. Mahindra #38  
Gary,

Thanks for the greeting.
The closest LS dealer is about 60 miles south. I'll visit him soon - may be next week. How do you get your parts (filters, etc.)? Are they available online or do you buy from dealer.

Best Regards,
Alan

/ LS vs. Mahindra #39  
I purchased my LS 4041 EZ at the World Ag Expo...$17,100. I'm happy so far, 10 hrs on it, list of dirt moving and no issues. Traditionally, the expo caters to more corporate farming, big equipment for big farms. I've been going for the past 19 years. It was nice to have All the models in one place to compare..fun day!