LS vs. Mahindra

/ LS vs. Mahindra #1  

timebak

Bronze Member
Our farm near Muscle Shoals, Alabama...FINALLY!!!
Tractor
RK37SC & John Deere 2030
I went today and looked at the LS R4020 again and then drove straight to the Mahindra dealer a few miles away and looked at the 4035 4wd Shuttle. Wow! What a difference!

The Mahindra was rather stark and primitive compared to the LS. No aux hyd ports, lighting not near as nice, seat not near as comfortable, operator ergonomics not as comfortable, general fit and finish not as nice, transmission not as nice or smooth or handy, PTO not as nice, hitch arms not as heavy, no bumper, no SS quick attach on the FEL bucket, no quick detach on the FEL assembly itself. And that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

And I was totally sold on the Mahindra's and had never even heard of LS till I got on this site a week or so ago.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #2  
LS, as you probably know now, was the OEM for Montana, McCormick and many other "decal" tractors brands. Now that they are selling under their own name, it will take them awhile to get recognition in the buyers minds, and they chose a tough economic time to do it, but they've every opportunity to be successful.

Still, New Holland is putting decals on some LS tractors, so that business end of supplying others continues.

If LS can establish a strong dealer/service/parts network, they should succeed, as the product is getting good reports from owners.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #3  
hey timebak, I to have been looking at the ls 4020... after comparing it to just about everything out there over the last couple of years (kids in collage) I have found that it is the biggest bang for my hard earned money. Ls seems to be very committed to becoming a force in the tractor market from building a parts distribution center in the southeast, to a ever growing dealer network , and lets not forget a 5 year warranty backing there product up . I hope to be pulling the trigger in the next couple months...........hope this post helps

/ LS vs. Mahindra #4  
LS makes some very nice tractors that's for sure, but I think that you may be mistaken about the loader not being a quick detach. I don't think that Mahindra has any other type of loader for the 4035 other than a QD.

Good luck with your R4020 and be sure to post pics when you get it. :thumbsup:

/ LS vs. Mahindra #5  
Yep my buddy's Mahindra is pretty stark also.
We just put his loader back on this AM. That was a chore.
He used to pick on my tractor until i drove it over to his place and set it side by side.
The Mahindra doesnt hold a candle to the LS overall. And at much less money.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #6  
Yep my buddy's Mahindra is pretty stark also.
We just put his loader back on this AM. That was a chore.
He used to pick on my tractor until i drove it over to his place and set it side by side.
The Mahindra doesnt hold a candle to the LS overall. And at much less money.

Can you please tell us what models you are comparing. Nice to know just what it is that we are comparing too. There are HUGE differences in the Mahindra models, just as there are differences in the LS models.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #7  
How do I know?
He's the one talking trash.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #8  
Mtnviewranch: I see from your profile that you have a Mahindra but your avatar is something blue. I didnt know Mahindra painted their tractors blue.

Anyway for comparison, I have a P7010C LS (72HP) It came standard with 3 sets of hydraulic remotes, extendable 3 point lift arms -drawbar- stabilizers, 6173 pound lift capacity for 3PH, 3 speed PTO -540-750 and 1000 with independent or manual engage and ground speed engaged PTO, of course heat and ac on the cab with Sony AM/FM/CD with MP3 connection, Front and Rear windshied wipers and washers, FEL with 3500 lbs. lift and 5088 breakout force, hydraulic Draft AND Position control, automatic lift and return to preset on 3 PH, deluxe adjustable cloth covered seat, electronic 4 Wd engagement and differential lock, and a 7 pin electrical connection for hook up to trailers. It weighs in as 6675 pounds without ballast or FEL. I get the geared model with shuttle shift 20F/20R with creeper gear and syncronized gear shift. You do have to stop to change ranges with it though. The gear pattern has creeper range in Low and Medium range but not in High range there fore it has 8 speeds in low and 8 in medium but only 4 in high range. I got it with FEL and Cab for $35,500 out the door.
I didnt find any other brand that came close to this price for the HP and standard equipment. They all ( and I priced them all)had higher prices and less equipment and conveniences. Where I bought my tractor actually sold Mahindra tractors so a side by side was easy to do.

/ LS vs. Mahindra #9  
Mtnviewranch, Have You noticed that the word MAHINDRA seems to upset some People? Do You think they feel that MAHINDRA is a threat to other Tractors? I have a 2005 2810 Mahindra and I have got some very sarcastic remarks from People on this Website.
Mrpoppy

/ LS vs. Mahindra #10  
Mtnviewranch: I see from your profile that you have a Mahindra but your avatar is something blue. I didnt know Mahindra painted their tractors blue.

Anyway for comparison, I have a P7010C LS (72HP) It came standard with 3 sets of hydraulic remotes, extendable 3 point lift arms -drawbar- stabilizers, 6173 pound lift capacity for 3PH, 3 speed PTO -540-750 and 1000 with independent or manual engage and ground speed engaged PTO, of course heat and ac on the cab with Sony AM/FM/CD with MP3 connection, Front and Rear windshied wipers and washers, FEL with 3500 lbs. lift and 5088 breakout force, hydraulic Draft AND Position control, automatic lift and return to preset on 3 PH, deluxe adjustable cloth covered seat, electronic 4 Wd engagement and differential lock, and a 7 pin electrical connection for hook up to trailers. It weighs in as 6675 pounds without ballast or FEL. I get the geared model with shuttle shift 20F/20R with creeper gear and syncronized gear shift. You do have to stop to change ranges with it though. The gear pattern has creeper range in Low and Medium range but not in High range there fore it has 8 speeds in low and 8 in medium but only 4 in high range. I got it with FEL and Cab for $35,500 out the door.
I didnt find any other brand that came close to this price for the HP and standard equipment. They all ( and I priced them all)had higher prices and less equipment and conveniences. Where I bought my tractor actually sold Mahindra tractors so a side by side was easy to do.

Gary, I had my 7520 painted blue. I liked the tractor, but I do not much like the color red. Did you compare directly to the Mahindra 7060 or the 8560 cab tractors? Those should be very close to what your tractor is.

Your buying conditions remind me of when I bought my 7520 back in 2004. There was not ANY tractor that matched up to all of its specs, and had all the std features that it had. But it was the first year of that model and they gave away a lot of what years later became options. I just looked at your model of tractor last week at an AG show. Pretty nice machine, especially for the price. I know that if I were to buy a new tractor, I would most definitely consider the LS tractors.

The reason that I even posted in this thread is that IF someone is comparing machines, they should be comparing like machines. Mahindra makes some bare bones tractors where as LS does not. My feeling is that is what was happening here and still looks like that since model numbers are not being given. I also have a smaller Mahindra made by Mitsubishi, a 3215. It is a fine tractor, the LS tractor equivalent is a much nicer machine, but Montana was getting in trouble when I bought, so I went with another Mahindra.

The new guys on the block always get scrutinized, get use to it. You guys will find that the prices will go up in a few years and you will be very glad that you bought when you did. Maybe in the future tough, one should try to do like comparisons.

Just my opinions. ;)