Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case)

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
I cant believe Messicks stated that Kubota are much better built than LS tractors and says that he is now selling LS tractors when in fact he is selling CaseIH. I looked at Case and I didnt see the quality as with LS or the style and layout to be the same as he stated. I dont think the contract built tractors are the same tractors that these manufacturers build and just put a JD, MF, NH etc name on them. I think they are built to the specs of the company that they are manufacturing them for which is not the same as their regular brand items. With exception of those brands like Montana who really have no brand or spec to supply, they just buy an LS and paint it green, so they really are LS tractors. I think NH has some of their tractors built by LS and they are not the same fit and finish, different options (make that no options) that come standard on the LS. NH then sells them at ridiculous prices and makes more money. They can then charge you $1500 to put on a set of remotes that LS puts on for free.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #2  
Repeat post.

Dealers that have grown accustomed to having their New Holland built by Shibaura or their Case built by someone has gotten used to a certain fit, finish, ergonomics, and over all quality.

Suddenly, corporate switches contracts and has them built by someone else, in this case, LS. These dealers are bound to notice. Some of this can be marked up to people simply not liking change.

If you were a dealer for Mercury outboards for years and years and suddenly you were shipped some other brand from a different county, with a totally new look and feel, you'd be in for a time of major adjustment too. You might grow to appreciate the new outboard, but then again, let's be honest here. They might never grow to like it and have rational reasons for their dislike.

Take or leave Messick's opinion, but it is an educated one and he's entitled to it.

Last edited:
   / Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #3  
I must have missed that whole conversation.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case)
Some one posted a "lets compare Kubota to Mahindra and throw in LS on the buying/ rpricing comparison theme and we got some comments from Messicks that he was now selling LS tractors in the form of Case IH and said they were the same tractor with a different hood. He went on to mention that the quality was very poor compared to Kubota. I just had to put that on this LS forum to see if I got some responses from the LS group who bought LS over all the other brands. Just to see what opinions we all had concerning quality of LS versus all the brands we all looked at and still chose LS.
Personally, I had no brand name in mind when I started shopping. I wanted a cab tractor. Color didnt matter. I started with the New Holland and then Kioti dealer where I found the first LS that I looked at and was impressed with the standard equipment. After some time spent talking about Kiotis, I moved on to MF and Case on the same lot and both looked cheaply built(I got to agree with Messicks on that one) and were much different from what was touted on the internet about being redesigned for better ergonomics. They must have been really bad before the redesign. Then it was on to the Kubota and I didnt like the ergonomics and placement of the controls and the seat was not comfortable and the biggest turnoff was the. dealer couldnt take the time to even give me a price of a tractor that he didnt have on the lot and would have to do some work to find one. I gave him my phone number for him to call me but he never did. So I gave him a few days and when I called the second time and still no info, I moved on to Mahindra dealer where I discovered that he also sold LS tractors. So the side by side comparison did the trick to eliminate the Mahindra prior to pricing. Because the pricing was so good and the standard features, control panel layout, fit and finish of the tractor, turning radius etc convinced me that this was the tractor for me. When I got the pricing, I decided that I could afford to be like Tim the tool man Taylor and got another 25 horses pinned on my toy above what I was shopping for and it was still priced at the equivalent pricing of a MF 1652 with dual remotes, cab, and FEL + I got 24 month 0% financing which suited me well because I didnt have to use my cash at the moment. I paid my 10% down financed the rest and the tractor was delivered the following day.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #5  
I commented.
He is selling something.
Uneducated (not stupid) buyers will buy what he is selling.
More's the pity.
That's no way to be, become or stay successful.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #6  
I've been posting in the other forum too. Been trying to stay nice and just say "if you don't like it then you shouldn't be selling it" and that "if you must sell it then you shouldn't be bashing it." If neither is an option, then perhaps CNH should consider pulling their line off the lot. Hearing a lot of the "you get what you pay for" stuff. I'm guessing they are getting exactly what they overpaid for.:laughing:

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #7  
Mr Fowler,

"They must have been really bad before the redesign" :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now that is funny. Very sad but also very common

Shiny sells, Quality is not a concern:mad:

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #8  
I've been posting in the other forum too. Been trying to stay nice and just say "if you don't like it then you shouldn't be selling it" and that "if you must sell it then you shouldn't be bashing it." If neither is an option, then perhaps CNH should consider pulling their line off the lot. Hearing a lot of the "you get what you pay for" stuff. I'm guessing they are getting exactly what they overpaid for.:laughing:
Thats why I think he's BS'n everybody about what he's selling.
He dont sell LS!
Probably not even in his inventory.
We shall see very soon - I promise.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case)
If you believe what he is saying, you would believe that my Graymarket Yanmar is the same as my brother in laws JD because they both were made by Yanmar at about the same time. There is no similarity to either one, maybe some of the engine parts for the same size engine would intechange, but that is about all.
You can look at all the tractors out there that have all the big 4 or 5 names on them but we all know they were made all over the world, everywhere BUT the USA. NONE of them resemble the base manufacturers line of tractors. They were made to the spec furnished by NH, MF, JD, CIH etc. They may use some components from their own brand line but there the comparison ends for most of these. As stated before, Montana, Farmtrac , Century, Branson and other rebranded tractor names dont share this as they just import the exact tractor, maybe install a few safety items here when assembling them to meet the USA requirement and mark the price up for their profit. That worked for them till their suppliers figured out that they could market their brand here and cut out the middle man.

/ Comparing Botas with LS rebranded (Case) #10  
Did anyone look at a Dong Feng re-branded tractor in their comparisons?
I am pretty sure I will go with an LS this spring when they arrive, but did find a tractor dealer about an hour and a half north that sells Dong Feng. Seems to be the same idea as LS.