Thinking about an LS 3010

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #1  

materfarmer

Hello, Ive been looking through the forums for a while and decided to sign up tonight!

I am looking at the LS 3010 and I am also looking at a mahindra 2816. I was quoted on the LS at 13,400 with the FEL. I really like that price but the mahindra was quoted at 14,500. My problem is the LS dealer has only carried LS for about a year and Im afraid that if I get the LS and they stop carrying them what will I do? I dont want to have a tractor that I cant get parts for or I have to drive 12 hours + to the nearest dealer. Plus LS is new in branding thier own tractors so if they stop how hard would it be to get parts? Mahindra has been around for a while and they have dealers everywhere.

But then I have the mahindra dealer telling me that LS does not make New Holland and I know they do so that lying to me angers me!!

I really want to purchase the LS but the newness scares me as does parts later on down the road. Any inputs?

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #2  
Regardless of which brand you go with, welcome to TBN and the LS Tractor forum. If you want to know what I think to the LS S3010, you can read the review I posted here:

LS Tractor S3010 Review by LittleBlueTractor - TractorByNet.com

First off, I think you might be able to get the dealer to come down a little if you voice your concerns about LS being relatively new to the market and all that goes with that. If not, see if they'll throw in a "duel" rear remote kit (installed) into the deal. Of course, that assumes you go with the LS.

I also looked at the Mahindra 2816 and will be the first to say it's a fine machine. I suggest you get some seat time with each and then compare the features, fit & finish, etc.... I did and went with the LS.

BUT I'm not overly worried about whether LS is going to stay in the US market. I can't think of a good reason for them to walk away and they already have tons of re-branded LS tractors in the USA under many names. Plenty of parts should be available even if they were to pull out. I think they have a very good product at a great price. As their reputation gets better their prices will go up.

Nobody knows who's going to be around in the future so if you're the kind of person that puts a lot of weight on that kind of thing the 2816 might be better for you. Clearly Mahindra has a strong foothold in the US market and I can't even imagine them pulling out of the US -- at least in my lifetime. I haven't heard anything about parts availability for Mahindras, but I suspect it's very good.

Sorry if this is not much help, but I guess it comes down to "risk" tolerance. I think there's very little risk of LS pulling out of the US anytime soon, but it's even less for Mahindra.

Good luck with whatever brand you go with.

/ Thinking about an LS 3010
Thanks for the replies. Rocknrod I will have to wait till I get home to view that site. My work has that site blocked. What is a dual remote kit used for? I am actually leaning toward the LS right now. My father in law has a mahindra 2516 and I like the ride of it. When the weather clears Im gonna ride an LS around and maybe talk to both dealers to see who can give me a better deal!

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #5  
Welcome to TBN !! Little blue tractor is right on the money with his advice, there is nothing better than seat time on the machines that interest you.Unless you need a tractor ASP take your time and do some home work. I looked for a couple years with my butt in several different tractors seats before purchasing a 4020 LS...I can't really help with the comparison on the mahindra and the LS, i did not have a chance to test drive one , but have heard some good things about them.As for pricing.. a dealer here in Michigan was selling the LS S3010 with fel,tiller and brush cutter for 15,900 ,but that was last year.The tractor i purchased took a 7% increase from last year and probably will continue as they are really becoming a force to be reckon with. With that said they are today in my opinion the best tractor for the money,but only you can reach your own opinion buy putting some seat time in and comparing the two... GOOD LUCK HUNTING

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #6  
Hello Materfarmer and welcome to TBN. I think you can get the 3010 at a lower price or at least negotiate for additional equipment at that price. With that said, the quoted price still represents a great tractor at a great value. Best of luck on your decision.

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #7  
My dealer said the LS3010 is going up after March. I almost bought one- loved it but it was 16000 for tractor and FEL. I turned around and bought a used NH TC30 for much less. I did a lot of research on line and checked it out at the dealer. Great tractor. They are being market direct out of N Carolina. LS used to be LG. Under LG they made Montana, NH, and a bunch others. There is an online dealer in Texas who puts a package together and freights it. Very competitive. Spoke with them on the phone- knowledgeable and friendly.
RCO Tractor - LS Tractors on sale at RCO in Austin Texas
Good source of info - very prompt with quotes. Better prices than my local dealer.

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #8  
Hello, Ive been looking through the forums for a while and decided to sign up tonight!

I am looking at the LS 3010 and I am also looking at a mahindra 2816. I was quoted on the LS at 13,400 with the FEL. I really like that price but the mahindra was quoted at 14,500. My problem is the LS dealer has only carried LS for about a year and Im afraid that if I get the LS and they stop carrying them what will I do? I dont want to have a tractor that I cant get parts for or I have to drive 12 hours + to the nearest dealer. Plus LS is new in branding thier own tractors so if they stop how hard would it be to get parts? Mahindra has been around for a while and they have dealers everywhere.

But then I have the mahindra dealer telling me that LS does not make New Holland and I know they do so that lying to me angers me!!

I really want to purchase the LS but the newness scares me as does parts later on down the road. Any inputs?

I was just quoated 14,500 for a mahindra 3016 shuttle shift & quick attach loader. That's still a grand more than LS. I may take a look at LS

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #9  

Is it possible that this Mahindra dealer doesn't know that New Holland quite recently contracted to make some models. LS doesn't make anywhere near all New Hollands. It could be that this dealer just wasn't up to speed. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt. FWIW.

/ Thinking about an LS 3010 #10  
What is a dual remote kit used for?

"Remote" refers to hydraulic remotes. Remotes allow you to use the tractor's hydraulic system for add-ons. I added a single remote kit myself, but if I'd have thought it through I would have had it done by the dealer before I took delivery. Here's mine hooked up to a hydraulic top-link cylinder:

My single remote.

You can use hydraulic remotes for all sorts of stuff like a grapple, top-n-tilt system, 3pt log splitter, etc....

The duel remote kit has 4 quick connectors instead of 2 like mine. (Each remote circuit requires 2 ports.) All LS models above the S3010 comes with some number of remotes.