Loader LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket?

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #1  

lbrockwa

Tractor
ls 3010
Here is another newbie question? Has anybody attached the unit that is needed to run a 4 in 1 bucket? Have any pics of it installed? What is the unit called when asking for it at the dealer?

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #2  
Here is another newbie question? Has anybody attached the unit that is needed to run a 4 in 1 bucket? Have any pics of it installed? What is the unit called when asking for it at the dealer?

I've been trying to gather the parts to add a diverter to the loader curl circuit. That would give you the third function you need on the FEL for a 4n1. Discovered I still don't have all the CORRECT parts during a dry fit last weekend. You might want to wait for me work out all the details before you decide to go in that direction. It's been a challenge thus far (for me anyway.)

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #3  
Have any pics of it installed?

I believe I finally got the plumbing of the diverter right yesterday. I didn't get to installing the new handle w/switch, but as the curl/dump function is working fine I'm confident it's OK. It took me too long to figure out all the fittings, so I labeled everything for the newbie like me. I can post clean pictures if I covered up to much with all the annotations.

bulkhead-a.jpg div1-a.jpg div2-a.jpg

Be sure to check out kennyd's "re-useable hose fittings" tutorial before attempting something like this -- it was invaluable:

kennyd's tutorial

So why did I re-use the original hoses from the loader valve? Because if something goes wrong with the diverter it'll be really easy to go back to the original configuration.

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #4  
Wow Little Blue.
You are the Man!

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #5  
Wow Little Blue.
You are the Man!

Thanks! Stay tuned for the electrical aspect of the project in a few weeks. Then maybe some pics of the grapple in action.

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #7  
Do a search in the Hydraulics forum for these terms:

Diverter
3rd Function
WR Long

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket?
This sure looks like more work than what dealer discribed when he droppped the machine off at the house, This looks like something that you are putting together yourself is that right? Dealer acted like they had a bolt on system that could be purchased, Is that true?

/ LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #9  
This sure looks like more work than what dealer discribed when he droppped the machine off at the house, This looks like something that you are putting together yourself is that right? Dealer acted like they had a bolt on system that could be purchased, Is that true?

What I'm doing is all from scratch. I don't know if there is a "bolt on" system, BUT I assumed there was not when I decided to try this. I did buy the single rear remote kit from LS for my S3010 and it was a "bolt on" thing. I wrote about the experience in the "Hydraulics" forum:

rear remote install

After that I think it's a fairly simple matter to run long hoses from it to the front to operate a 4n1. I decided against that because it would have been a pain if I wanted to remove the FEL and I didn't want to have to reach below the seat to do the 3rd function. BUT, it certainly would have been MUCH cheaper and easier to have done it that way. I use the rear remote for a hydraulic top link on the 3-point and never want to go back to the manual one.

Last edited:
   / LS3010 Hyd 4 in one bucket? #10  
Discovered a problem with the design of my diverter install yesterday. The two short little hoses in from the diverter to the original loader curl circuit (in the picture linked to below) have to be longer. Didn't find out until I raised the loader arms pretty high. Looks like I'll have two use two looped hoses instead.

206766d1301872031-ls3010-hydraulic-4-one-bucket-div1-.jpg

The problem is that the diverter is mounted on the frame of the loader. I would have been fine if I had mounted it to the arm itself. The distance between frame and arms changes more than I thought when you really raise the loader. Just wanted to make sure anybody trying to go in the same direction was aware of the issue.

I'll post a complete page about the whole project IF I ever get finished with it. Did the electrical switch part yesterday. Well, at least I can reuse the "re-usable" hose ends and I have plenty of spare hose.