Well we did it, a new LS U5030

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #1  

houstonscott

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc
My son bought an LS U5030 at RCO tractors of Austin. It will be delivered toward the end of next month. I'll get some pictures up when we take delivery.

HS

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #2  
Congratulations.
Cant wait to see the pictures.

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #3  
hey congrats on the new tractor!! Still waiting for my to be delv.Sure you will have many fun times with it.

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #4  
Congratulations on your choice. I just got back on line after 3 weeks and couldnt believe the number of new posts on LS forum. Looks like the line is really taking off just as I predicted.

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #5  
I am coming close to the 50 hour service on our u-5030.
The tractor is doing great, I could not be more pleased
with it.

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030
How does the U5030 do in the mud, we are taking delivery with R4's but I am worried that R1's are what should really be on our tractor. Any thoughts on how your tires have performed and what type of ground you have got the 50hrs. The one to be delivered has Titan R4's on it, the ability to take full advantage of the FEL required R4's. I think people don't realize you don't have the full capabilities of the FEL with R1's vs. R4's in the front. I even thought about R4's in front and R1's in rear but what do I know.

HS

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #7  
The one to be delivered has Titan R4's on it, the ability to take full advantage of the FEL required R4's. I think people don't realize you don't have the full capabilities of the FEL with R1's vs. R4's in the front. I even thought about R4's in front and R1's in rear but what do I know.

HS

I've never seen a difference in loader capacities from R-1 to R-4 tires on a tractor!!!

R-1's might need more air but they are still the same. Your idea of the r-1's in the rear and r-4's in the front is a night mare waiting to happen!

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #8  
I live on a 120 acre farm that has some steep fields that I mow. With areas that have wet weather springs that make things muddy and
slick, I need traction. I have what I think are R-1's which I think are also called ag
tires. The tires you call R-4's would not be good for field work,but
would be great if you must run a lot of pavement.
I used my U-5030 to bushhog some broom sage the other day on
hilly ground that was not at all dry. The tires did great when I did hit
a spot that was very wet from one of the springs in the field.
For me, I want all the traction I can get.
I have had no problem with the FEL with these tires. The only thing
is tire wear (R-1's compared to R-4's) if you used the FEL on pavement a lot. My tractor does
not see much pavement but it does see mud.
Good luck with what ever you decide on.
I know you will like the U-5030.

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #9  
Fenix hit it right on, R4 will last much longer on pavement or hard dirt, gravel etc like on construction job. As for FEL capacity, I have loaded my P7010 with wet clay sand mixture till the FEL wouldnt lift it and the tires have not even bulged. Sure the tires on the R4 are usually higher ply rating but that doesnt mean that you will get more lift capacity with them that R1. The tires arent the limiting factor with a tractor. You sure have to be careful with a FEL if you have the bucket heavily loaded. I had a pucker factor of 100% just a few days ago on mine with a heavy load of dirt that was heavy on the left side, which was also the low side on a slight slope. When I started to dump the load, I hit a small dirt hump that was maybe 3" high. The combo of me stopping, lowering the load, driving on a slight slope and heavy on one side, sent the rear wheels up in the air and tilted to the down slope. Luckily I was low to the ground when travelling with the load and was able to drop the load quickly but it did remind me that I need to load those tires with ballast. Another time a few days before, I was really pushing into a spoil bank loading out some of the same dirt and the FEL wouldnt raise. I had lifted as much pressure as the hydraulics would put out an it wouldnt come up so I decided to just back out from under it. Luckily I kept my foot on the clutch, the front wheels loaded up, sank in the ground past the axle on one side and the rear wheels must have came up 3 feet before I could stop. Of course I didnt have on my safety belt and when I clutched it, my head hit to top of the cab. But again, the tires werent a factor in the loading, they dont show any squatting at all with as much as the tractor will lift and that is factory rated at about 3500 pounds if I recall.

/ Well we did it, a new LS U5030 #10  
One other thing, at least you have a the option of choosing tire type. THe P70xx series only comes with Ag tires so that is one decision that wasnt required on my buy.