R3039 is in!!!

/ R3039 is in!!! #1  

joemd11

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS R3039, Power King 1614, Simplicity Soveriegn 75th Aniv model.

Attachments

• DSC_0431.jpg
    DSC_0431.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC_0430.jpg
    DSC_0430.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 436
  • DSC_0429.jpg
    DSC_0429.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC_0428.jpg
    DSC_0428.jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 397
   / R3039 is in!!!
Thanks Snowplow. That is a nice setup you have there. I know from experience that you get plenty of seat time in the winter (U.P. winter = Sept thru May). Do you need chains with those R4's?

/ R3039 is in!!! #4  
Awesome pics. If you could, please get a couple pics of the side where the FEL controls are located. My dealer told me that most of the newer models have a neater and less obtrusive way of setting up the joystick control for the loader. From your pics, it looks like that's true but a closeup of the controls would answer the question completely for me. That's one great looking tractor! I can see why you're so excited.

/ R3039 is in!!! #5  
LS is definitely going through some model changes and the confusion is mounting. Like the unit Joemd11 just received, I too am waiting for an R3039 (or is it a G3039 ?) to arrive at my dealer in Smithton IL. They tell me they expect a couple in April. They didn't have a brochure or even a picture of it yet, but the pics posted by Joemd11 helped a lot if it's an R series. What was the price quoted for the R3039 from the dealer? My dealer quoted $16,900, but as I stated in a previous post, I think they are confused about what model is actually replacing the I3040. He told me it would be a G3039, but no one here on this forum is familiar with that. I'm not sure anymore of what model I'm looking for since I don't know what they call it. Kind of a humorous situation if you ask me. I have to admit that the R3039 would suit me fine. (from the pics Joemd11 posted)

/ R3039 is in!!! #6  
Joe thats an awesome unit. I would be proud of that one. I like the colored shift knobs. Is that a 2012 unit?
Great picture taking.:thumbsup:

/ R3039 is in!!! #7  
Thanks Snowplow. That is a nice setup you have there. I know from experience that you get plenty of seat time in the winter (U.P. winter = Sept thru May). Do you need chains with those R4's?

No chains needed this winter, first with the tractor, but the tires are loaded and most of the plowing I was able to do in 2wd.

/ R3039 is in!!!
Thanks for the words everyone. I don't get this excited over a new car and my wife is starting to worry about me. She is also pleased that I can now trash my stack of tractor brochures. RocknRod, I don't know if it is considered a 2011 or 2012 model year. It is the new model replacement for the i3040 - according to my dealer. Anyway, they are going to deliver it on Friday so I should have more info and pics after that. One other thing I'd like some feedback on. Am I nuts if I wax it and ArmourAll the tires after delivery :cool:? Time to go clean out the shed so I have a place to park it.
Cheers ya'll.

/ R3039 is in!!! #9  
Thanks for the words everyone. I don't get this excited over a new car and my wife is starting to worry about me. She is also pleased that I can now trash my stack of tractor brochures. RocknRod, I don't know if it is considered a 2011 or 2012 model year. It is the new model replacement for the i3040 - according to my dealer. Anyway, they are going to deliver it on Friday so I should have more info and pics after that. One other thing I'd like some feedback on. Am I nuts if I wax it and ArmourAll the tires after delivery :cool:? Time to go clean out the shed so I have a place to park it.
Cheers ya'll.

Not sure about armorall, but I did wax mine.:D

/ R3039 is in!!! #10  
My wife thinks we're all nuts. When I told her I wanted to keep it in the garage, she flipped out and said "it's only a tractor!" "You're gonna get it filthy dirty when you use it" "Just let it sit in the barn like your other tractor (well used Ford 8N)." I told her the barn is dusty, humid, and has a dirt floor. That just won't work for my new baby. I let her read Joemd11's post about being excited about getting his new tractor. The wax and Armorall part put her over the top!!!! Oh well.......