LS tractor bargain days?

/ LS tractor bargain days? #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
With the number of new posts here on LS buyers, I was wondering if the bargain basement prices are still holding for new buyers. With all the interest and folks now waiting to get them, I am thinking that it won't be long before LS starts to raise the prices to be more in line with the Big 4. Comments from new buyers please.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #2  
I am very tempted to pick up a i3040H right now. $22,900. It's a beautiful machine. Seems to be in line with the others at this point no screaming bargain anymore but seems to be put together better.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #3  
The number of LS owners does seem to be growing rapidly here on TBN. I think the tractors speak for themselves and I think there are still deals to be had out there.

/ LS tractor bargain days?
When I got mine back in October 2010 the prices were much lower than competition and the LS had much more standard equipment than any other tractor. I got a 72HP for the price of a 50HP MF and it had much more standard equipment. I also wondered if they still put all the extras on them. Has anyone seen the NEW Holland LS that they were supposed to start selling in Jan 2011? I wonder if they are stripped down versions of the standard LS or same tractor. I cant see NH putting the LS on the lot with their brand and having all the extras that I got on mine for less money. They would likely only sell to hard core mostly brain dead NH buyers if that happened

/ LS tractor bargain days? #5  
I got a price on a bigger LS 7030C of $36,900 without a loader which I think is not very good. It's last years model and has been on somebodies lot a long time.

I think the LS7030CS with loader and hydrualic shuttle is somewhere around $41,390, (on tractorhouse), which is OK but not blow your socks off. I would think that you should be in that $36,390 range for that same tractor without a loader as $5,000 for a loader is not a whole lot now days. So, the price I got for the tractor without hydraulic shuttle is high. IMO

I priced a 100hp Kubota last year w/o a loader but with a seven speed powershift, which would be better for me, for just under $50,000. I doubt I could get that deal again but we'll see. I try to find value and going from a 70 hp poweshuttle tractor for $41,390 to a seven speed powershilf 100 hp tractor, (with better resale), for about $8,000 more, albeit w/o loader, is probably a bett deal. Either way, IMO their close and for LS to break in they can't be that close.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #6  
...I think the LS7030CS with loader and hydrualic shuttle is somewhere around $41,390, (on tractorhouse), which is OK but not blow your socks off. ...
If your getting your prices from Tractorhouse your getting some really outrageously priced tractors.
Try a dealer, shop around.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #7  
$22,900 an agreeable price on a i3040H?
Yeah, I'm going to buy it anyway, but curious about regional prices.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #8  
Putter, I was considering an i3040 shuttle shift and the dealer quoted me 16,500. I never got a quote on a hydro but would guess they are 1000 to 1500 more than the shuttle shift. Canada must be expensive as far as tractors.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #9  
Yeah it appears that it is. The non HST was $2000 less. It is all still relative, the others are still higher also.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #10  
With the number of new posts here on LS buyers, I was wondering if the bargain basement prices are still holding for new buyers. With all the interest and folks now waiting to get them, I am thinking that it won't be long before LS starts to raise the prices to be more in line with the Big 4. Comments from new buyers please.

Gary, I don' know about bargain basement, but the prices quoted by my dealer are about $1,000 more for the 2011 models over
the 2010 models I was interested in. That seems normal and expected from what we were hearing last year about the prices and how they could only go up. The price for the R3039 I just bought was $17,900. It is the obvious replacement for the I3040 which the same dealer last year sold for $16,900.
I am still happy to pay that and I know it's a great bargain. So the moral of this story is don't wait for the prices to go down for some big sale. As far as I'm concerned, the big sale is happening right now as part of the LS marketing strategy that starts out with ridiculously low prices in order to generate interest in the new brand, then adjusted as time goes by as the demand increases. This is a high quality product and I have confidence that we are all making the right choice in the end. Wow! I'm starting to sound like an LS salesman. :laughing: