LS G3033

/ LS G3033 #1  

shafshak

Tractor
1952 Ferguson TO30
well i did it ! after a year or more of trying to decide what to buy and lurking here, the deal is done and delivered. i was set on kubota b3300 until i seen the LS line of tractors , they are built heavy! closest dealer was in new alex , pa. stopped in and was set to buy a s3010 last fall but decided to wait until spring .clark at new alex was very helpful , he brought both tractors outside the shop, s3010 and the NEW g3033 with loaders to test drive .both tractors are great but the g model with 12 speeds and independent pto for $600 more sealed the deal.also got a 5 foot tiller which does not even test this tractor plenty of power.i already had a 3pt.6 foot finish mower and 5 ft rough cut mower which i used wih my TO30. the g3033 was delivered last fri.evening and i got 10 hrs on it already , so far it is a great tractor.clark did say to check all loader mount bolts every 10 hrs or so,and lug nuts on wheels because of the new paint between sufaces. SUPER TRACTOR !

/ LS G3033 #2  
Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you've done your homework and that's exactly how most if us here have found and ultimately purchased LS.

I had 14 hours on my R4047 the first weekend I bought I it. I also got severely sunburnt Haha. I'm glad you dealer told you to check your loader and wheel lugs. I'm one of the guys who found out the wrong way... I try to make it my mission to make sure everyone knows.

So welcome to the community. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

/ LS G3033 #3  
Hi Shafshack, Does the 12 speed in the lowest gear seem low enough? Are all 12 gears usable or are some so close in ratio as to be :confused:redundant? I am currently considering buying a new LS 3033 with FEL. I was completely :thumbsup:convinced that I wanted the gear transmission but after much research I am seriously considering HST. Have you had any problems with your tractor? How many hours to date?
Thanks and :)happy tractoring! Solinski

/ LS G3033 #4  
I'm fine with my 16 speeds on my shuttle R4010. It might be dubious, which of the lower gears to use at any given moment, but I bet I've used them all at one time or another. The extra fuel and horsepower used so as to not think about it would not seem worth it to me. But that's just the way I look at it.

/ LS G3033 #5  
Hi short Game, Thanks for your input on gear trans. I'm still in the shopping/research :confused2:mode for purchasing a tractor. My biggest quandry on buying a new tractor is that I can't decide on :eek::confused3:gear or HST. At first I was positive that gear was for me but I have been caught up in the :thumbsup:hype concerning HST. I guess I'm old fashioned but a tractor with a geared transmission seems more :tractor:natural. I'm going to use the tractor for maintaining my 10 acres of rough rolling foothill terrain. Here is my partial equipment list: FEL (replace a lot of wheelbarrow work), rough rotary cutter(replace most string weed cutting), box scraper(800 foot gravel driveway+misc, dirt work) , bucket forks(save my back lifting heavy stuff), backhoe:)licking:dream option), herbicide sprayer :)Dthrow away backpack sprayer),etc. I am semi :cloud9:retired so time and super efficiency is not an issue. :anyone: please feel free to give your:2cents:.
Solinski

/ LS G3033 #6  
Double check to see what the minimum RPM is that you operate the tractor at with the HST. Some HST tractors say never operate below 2000 or even higher RPMs. :eek: Others are fine to operate at 1500. Something to think about. ;)

/ LS G3033 #7  
I remember being in Redding at 11:00 PM in August 1958 and it was 95 degrees. We were getting some bait on the way to Lake Shasta. The bugs and skeeters might have carried me off at 11 years old. I used to spend a lot of time out the Pitt River Arm. I love the Siskiyous in general. If I weren't where I am, I could easily be there.

I have 9 acres of that same type terrain, but where it's cool and wet most of the time. I share my land with neighbors who have another 36 acres of meadow and forest. We do it organically, so pretty much the same as you, except for the herbicides.

/ LS G3033 #8  
For those of you pricing TLB, I just got a quote from my local LS dealer on a GS 3033 of $19999.
I also got a quote from the same dealer for $20,550 on a CK20 HST (1200 less for gear) as they sell both LS and Kioti.
I think he is a little high on both prices as I got a quote from another dealer on the CK20 gear of 21,250 without applying any programs which they now have $2500 cash rebate on these or free loader and his price includes the free loader base. If it is truly free, then he didnt discount it off total price which the other dealer indicated that his price did not include any discounts from Kioti.