Are you X-military

/ Are you X-military #21  
22 years U.S. NAVY

Air crewman on P2V NEPTUNE and P3 ORION.

First 10 years as an Aviation Electronics Technician, and the remainder as Antisubmarine Warfare Operator.

4 years Navy,I was in VP-40 out of Moffett field,Sunnyvale Ca.I was over seas about 2 years total. J-J what squadron was you in?I was an aviation machinist mate E-5 when I got out.

/ Are you X-military #22  
Master Chief US Navy, Retired.
Catapults and Arresting Gear.
Became a CMC of the USS Essex, LHD-2

/ Are you X-military #23  
My tractor is blue, but not an LS. 39 years ending last September. Retired as a CW5 working as an inspector for National Guard Bureau. Miss it, but the retirement check eases the pain alot.:thumbsup:

/ Are you X-military #24  
USN 5/68-2/72 early out after 3 years, 8 months, 12 days.
3 years at Inshore Undersea Warfare Group One, US Naval Station, Long Beach, CA. Then got transferred to
USS Firm MSO 444 home port pier 9 Long Beach, one day travel time and no travel pay, bummer. My longest time
at sea was a whopping 9 days aboard the Firm.

Engineman 3rd Class at time of discharge, made 2nd class but didn't have enough time left to receive it.
I would have had to extend enlistment to get it and there was noway I was going to do that.
3y 8m 12d was enough for that farm boy at the time.

/ Are you X-military #25  
USAF Active Duty POL 7 years, Reserve and ANG 13. Last 3 years as a technician with the ANG. Loved it. Now enjoying my second career as an 8th grade Social Studies teacher. I think the Air Force might have been safer...

/ Are you X-military #26  
4 years Navy,I was in VP-40 out of Moffett field,Sunnyvale Ca.I was over seas about 2 years total. J-J what squadron was you in?I was an aviation machinist mate E-5 when I got out.

VP-24
VP-56
VP-49
VP-30

/ Are you X-military #27  
"Now enjoying my second career as an 8th grade Social Studies teacher. I think the Air Force might have been safer..."

You got that right!:laughing::laughing:
WBB in NH
Richmond Middle School, Hanover, NH

/ Are you X-military #28  
4 years in the Marine Corps. Seems there is a bit less of us. No surprise there tho.

/ Are you X-military #29  
Coming up on 19 years active duty Army. Been to Iraq twice and am currently serving another year tour in Afghanistan. Don't always like it, but I do absolutely LOVE IT!! Go Ordnance!!

Hawk

/ Are you X-military #30  
Seems like many of the LS guys are x-military. I did 30 years in Coast Guard, retired a W4.

HS

Four & 1/2 years active duty Coast Guard [very fond memories of that time] and 17 & 1/2 years active duty in the Marine Corps [even have some fond memories of that life-frame].
Greg

30+ years Coast Guard: Semper Paratus!

A blue owner -- but it's a NH.:)

It looks like there are at least five of us that served in the Coast Guard. I served four years (1965-1969) and made it to E6 (Quartermaster). I think Scoutcub is ex-Coast Guard.

Steve