Are you X-military

/ Are you X-military #1  

houstonscott

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc
Seems like many of the LS guys are x-military. I did 30 years in Coast Guard, retired a W4. Actually the LS is on my sons 55 acre property and he is a W3 Apache pilot in the Army and currently deployed. So, for now I get to play with the tractors while he is gone. What's your military connection?

HS

/ Are you X-military #2  
I did six years in the Air Force. It's kinda like the military:laughing:

/ Are you X-military #3  
12 years AD Air Force and 8 years in various state ANG units. Always got busted down every time I transferred to a different ANG unit, so I blew them off and retired at 20 at my AD grade: E7.

/ Are you X-military #4  
I got drafted in 1970 but only spent about 8 months and was up for E4. My Dad had a heart attack and I got hardship discharged to go home and help on the farm. I spent 4 years on the farm working for nothing which was my hardship I suppose. My short stint qualified me for all my VA benefits though which was good although I didnt realize it till just a few years ago.

/ Are you X-military #6  
5 Years 3 months 3 days, USN, 1957 to 1962. Plane caption and flight crew on a P5M 1 flying boat. Round engine mech. and jet mech. Got some flight time in P2V's as well. Carried and atom bomb up and down the west coats a few times.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Are you X-military #7  
20 years, 6 months and 13 days and retired from the US Army Medical Departments as an Medical Service Corps LTC (O-5).

I fondly look back at my military career and all the great people I worked with and all the different assignments in those 20 years. A career is not for everybody but service is good for all.

My hat is off to those active duty and reserve members of our military that are serving our country today for their hard work and relentless dedication. God bless them and God Bless America!:)

/ Are you X-military #8  
28 years in the Army Guard with 22 on full time active duty. Now retired as a LTC. Still work as a civilian for the Army Guard.

/ Are you X-military #9  
22 years U.S. NAVY

Air crewman on P2V NEPTUNE and P3 ORION.

First 10 years as an Aviation Electronics Technician, and the remainder as Antisubmarine Warfare Operator.

/ Are you X-military #10  
I was drafted into the army in April 68. Basic training at FT. Campbell, Ky. AIT at FT. Eusitis, Va. Went to FT. Hood, was with th 1/67th. armored of the 2nd armored division, gunner on 4.2 inch mortor. Went to Viet Nam in April in 69. With the 101 Airborne division. With the 159th helicopter bt. Then went to FT. Riley, Ks. With 1/28 inf. 1st inf. Division. Discharged on April 8, 1971. Three years was enough with what I went through. Was discharged as E-5. All three years, nothing but bad memories.