Oil & Fuel fuel issues

/ fuel issues #1  

farmtrac360

I developed a loud knocking sound from the back of the engine in my farmtrac 360DTC, and after reading post here decided that is must be fuel related. Called the nearest farmtrac dealer (almost 3 hrs away) and they supported this and suggested Power Service Diesel Kleen additive. I've added half the bottle (80oz) in a single tank I'm just making smoke, knock still there. I had a mechanic over today who listened and recommended Biodiesel suggesting BP in Warrenton Va to get that Cetane up to the 47 range. He said that if it didn't fix it that we'd start tearing into the injectors. Any thoughts or suggestions are we on the right track and am I doing any damage as I run this thing.

/ fuel issues #2  
The newer fuels just don't have the lubrication in them that the older stuff did. The diesel additive should have fixed it but it can take awhile. A dealer I deal with has told me many customer engine knocking stories that ended with the additive especially these LS built montana and farm trac tractors. However my 665 farmtrac with less than 400 hours on it had a bad piston, it knocked bad and again they said additive will fix it. Ran it for 20 mins and checked the oil. It was golden to start with, after 20mins it full of metal flake. Like I said bad piston additive wasn't fixin that!!!