LS 3039 Instrument Panel

/ LS 3039 Instrument Panel #1  

murf5048

Tractor
LS XR3135
Tonight my new 2011 LS 3039 was delivered to my home. I have been researching and reading message boards here and thankfully found out prior to purchasing a New Holland Boomer 35 that LS was the manufacturer. I sought out an LS dealer in my area, found one and saved a couple thousand dollars by purchasing an equivalent Model LS tractor. The LS has many extras that are not standard on the New Holland models, i.e., remote valves, adjustable steering wheel.

I do have a few questions for other owners......it appears there are many indicators on the instrument panel but they aren't lighting up! For example, there is a running rabbit but it doesn't light up. Actually I looked in the owners manual and found that many of the little pictures on my instrument panel are not even shown in the photos of the instrument panel in the owners manual. The P for the parking lights up even when I just put on the brakes. I read in another area of the LS forum that this is likely to be normal.

So.....any thoughts you might share with me on my instrument panel would be greatly appreciated!

/ LS 3039 Instrument Panel #2  
The parking brake thing happens on all the 3039s. the switch for the p brake is operated by pushing the brake pedal. kinda hokey, but hey... does not affect operability.

the gauge clusters are used for a lot of different tractors. some of those functions don't exist on your tractor, so they won't light up.

/ LS 3039 Instrument Panel #3  
Someday when we're all rich and famous, we'll by the model on which all the indicators mean something.

What I miss about my little Cub Cadet is just hitting the brake pedal to release the parking lock.

Bob, R4010G

/ LS 3039 Instrument Panel
Thanks so much for the quick response!

/ LS 3039 Instrument Panel #5  
Does the R3039 have a 4wd engaged light. I see something like this on my intrument panel but it does not light up when I have it in 4wd. Also, when I was parking my tractor in the shed, I noticed the charging system light was on but very dim. If I increased engine RPM the light would get dimmer but still be illuminated faintly. I am going to call the dealer on Monday and see what he advises. I only have 25 hours on the tractor.

/ LS 3039 Instrument Panel #6  
No I don't think it comes on when 4wd is engaged... I have a little lever beside my right calf that indicates when i'm in 4wd... :) if there is any doubt i just wait till it rains and load the bucket and try to go somewhere!

/ LS 3039 Instrument Panel #7  
No I don't think it comes on when 4wd is engaged... I have a little lever beside my right calf that indicates when i'm in 4wd... :) if there is any doubt i just wait till it rains and load the bucket and try to go somewhere!

Thats odd. My 4wd lever is by my left calf:)