Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights #1  

murf5048

Tractor
LS XR3135
I am a new owner......there are three wires in engine compartment (white, black, yellow) not hooked up to anything. Anyone have any idea what they are for? I posted an earlier question regarding why many of the indicator lights don't light up when in use - example 4 wd, forward and reverse, pto, etc. The response I got was that if my tractor isnt equipped, they won't light up. The turn signal indicators, parking and pedal brake, do light up. I was wondering if these three wires might havesomething to do with dash indicator lights. Thanks for your patience and help! I suppose I should call the dealer but this message board has answered load of questions for me already.

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights #2  
I am a new owner......there are three wires in engine compartment (white, black, yellow) not hooked up to anything. Anyone have any idea what they are for? I posted an earlier question regarding why many of the indicator lights don't light up when in use - example 4 wd, forward and reverse, pto, etc. The response I got was that if my tractor isnt equipped, they won't light up. The turn signal indicators, parking and pedal brake, do light up. I was wondering if these three wires might havesomething to do with dash indicator lights. Thanks for your patience and help! I suppose I should call the dealer but this message board has answered load of questions for me already.

I'll look at my tractor in the next few days. WHere are the wires at and what do they come from?

It would be much easier to tell if I had a schematic.

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights #3  
Or a picture

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights #4  
I found those wires and a few more on my R3039 just the other day. I was snooping around under the hood because my battery charge light is coming on very dim at low rpm. The dealer said these wires are for indicator lights on the hydros that gear models don't have. My wires were just laying on the valve cover so I taped them up and hooked them on the firewall.

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights
wires.jpg
I called dealer and was told these wires are used for various options that I don't have!

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights
The wires are actually coming out of the back of the dashboard in the engine compartment. I am posting another pic of the wires! Thanks so much for your help!
wires3.jpg

wires2.jpg

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights #7  
View attachment 218628
I called dealer and was told these wires are used for various options that I don't have!

That very well may be the case. I would think it makes sense to make a single wiring harness for a few different models and trim levels and simply not use the circuts on some tractors.

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights #8  
My R4010 Gear looks much the same. Obviously they use a one-size-fits-many wiring harness. Lots of unused icons on the instrument cluster too. It might be a little wasteful, but it has to be a sensible way of keeping costs down. We ain't gettin' custom builds here.

/ Ls 3039 wires/dashboard indicator lights #9  
Yep...Same wires not connected on mine so it sounds like it's sposed to be.