New Tractor LS u5020c

/ New Tractor LS u5020c #1  

toxicjeeper

Silver Member
Tractor
LS 5020c
Just got a 2010 LS u5020c. Only have 10 hours on it so and it is replacing a 79 Ford 3550 industrial which was tough as nails and had an even strong loader..This new tractor had alot to live up to and i found it to be very good at digging( especially in 4wd) as well as much, much more comfortable. I am sure i will have many questions about this tractor and may even be able to answer a few myself as i get some seat time.. I noticed that i have a 4wd indicator but it doesn't light up when in 4wd..there is also a turtle/ rabbit and something else that doesn't light up in the dash as well..Not use to haveing an instrument panel..LOL..Also wondering if i am able to order parts such as filters from the dealer or is there a parts match list i can find to use off the self oil and hydrolic filters, fuel filters etc>.. Thanks!

Here are a few pictures..Have a great night..

Attachments

• IMG_4048.JPG
    IMG_4048.JPG
    985 KB · Views: 1,066
  • IMG_4138.JPG
    IMG_4138.JPG
    749.7 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_4139.JPG
    IMG_4139.JPG
    951.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_4142.JPG
    IMG_4142.JPG
    787.4 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 491
   / New Tractor LS u5020c #2  
... wondering if i am able to order parts such as filters from the dealer or is there a parts match list i can find to use off the self oil and hydrolic filters, fuel filters etc>...

I'll bump Rod's thread to the top for that.

/ New Tractor LS u5020c
Hi. Thanks for the reply short game. I read the link and bookmarked it. It will definitely come in handy when the 50hour mark rolls around.

/ New Tractor LS u5020c #4  
I too have a Ford 3550 Industrial I am replacing. I am looking at the LS 4047 or the LS 5020. I am really glad you posted your purchase so I can get your opinion on your new tractor. Are you glad you purchased the 5020? Did you look at the 4047? How does the 5020 compare? Thanks the for the info.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you pay more or less than $31? I got a quote for the 5020 of $31K w/out cab. Wondering if that's in the ballpark. Thanks again.

/ New Tractor LS u5020c
I didnt really look at the othe models closely other than to see if the rams were smaller( which they were). I paid 31 for mine with a cab. The tractor works good and is easier on fuel that the 3550 but i dont think the loader is as strong because the 3550 had the front mount pump..But the 4x4 on the new tractor makes up for it..

/ New Tractor LS u5020c #7  
Looking at buying the U5020. Looks to be pretty stout on the rear 3pt and pretty strong loader compared to the competition of this size. The cab would be nice but I need to get into the small side of the barn now and then and working in the woods I won't have to worry about the glass I guess.

I should be making the "buy" decision tomorrow or the next day. Last minute questions I guess.

Did you get the block heater on yours? Do you have any other cold weather starting aides? Rear hydraulic connctions seem stout?

Thanks

/ New Tractor LS u5020c #8  
I'm looking at buying the same tractor LS U5020C. How is it after a full year? Any pros or cons?

/ New Tractor LS u5020c
I love it..i have about 150 hours on it kow and it has pretty much all been roadbwork and stump pulling. since we didnt get much snow last wintet..i dont baby this thing and use it quite a bit in my graval pit to move gravel around. it uas done everything i asked out it and kept me cool in the summer with the ac..lol..only thing i do os change the okl and grease the pins every 10 hours or so...