Must have mods or attachments for new LS.

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #1  

platinumaa

Ive searched and only found the mod of adding a sunshade... are there any other standard modifications everyone does, or should do to the tractor when you first get it?.. brush grubber is on my list (BrushGrubber | Home)

Also, any attachments beside standard bushog and box blade?.. tractor will mostly be used for personal land use.. clearing, little grading.. etc

im hoping to have my r4041 middle of next week.. looking forward to learning how to run it..

appreciate the suggestions

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #2  
Some bucket hooks to pull the Brush Grubber.

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #3  
Ive searched and only found the mod of adding a sunshade... are there any other standard modifications everyone does, or should do to the tractor when you first get it?.. brush grubber is on my list (BrushGrubber | Home)

Also, any attachments beside standard bushog and box blade?.. tractor will mostly be used for personal land use.. clearing, little grading.. etc

im hoping to have my r4041 middle of next week.. looking forward to learning how to run it..

I got a rotary tiller as well. Some of the areas I've bushhogged I then worked over with the tiller to help kill the stuff off and make it easier to level later.

Got an auger as well with a 6 inch bit for putting in fence posts and just ordered a stump bucket for de-pine treeing my woods.

Haven't welded on the chain hooks to the bucket yes but need them badly.

Haven't put on a canopy yet but I'm working in thick brush with a lot of pine trees and I suspect I'd tear it off pretty quick. Beside the trees provide decent shade for now. Once they're cleared out more I'll look at adding the canopy.

Still haven't figured out a good place to put a "stuff" box for chains and tools and so on.

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS.
Stump grinder.. did some research..
something like this?

Skid Steer Loader Stump Bucket, Construction Attachments Severe XTreme Duty

would it fit on the 4041 loader?.. i think it may be cheaper to have one fabricated locally though

Auger is a great idea.. a new fence is in my future early next year

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #5  
I put a receiver hitch in the center of the bucket. HF has an insert with a clevis for hooking a chain to and you can insert you ball to move the trailers around.

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #7  
I put a receiver hitch in the center of the bucket. HF has an insert with a clevis for hooking a chain to and you can insert you ball to move the trailers around.

I did the same on top of the bucket. I also have a 50 inch piece of 2X2X1/4 tubing with a hook at the end that pins in for a short boom.

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #8  
I cannot get the "level indicator" round rod and sleeve. I did modify my receiver mount to make it parallel with the bottom of the bucket. The top of the bucket on the 3040 is at a different angle than the bottom. Now I can see the top edge of the receiver to see the angle of the bucket.

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #9  

So are you getting a sunshade? I don't know how so many get by without one.

A great addition for just about any tractor is a set of top and tilt cylinders for your 3pt hitch. I believe that your new tractor already has 2 rear remotes that you could make good use of. Makes grading so much better and easier.

Depending on how much grading you will be doing, a rear blade , a landscape rake and a land plane grader blade,
along with a good box blade are all good implements to have on hand.

Good luck with your new tractor and remember to post pictures of your new machine. :thumbsup:

/ Must have mods or attachments for new LS. #10  
I agree.. the Bucket chain hooks...they have been used more in the month I have owned my 4041 than anything else on the tractor.
I do want to do a protection pan for the underbelly but I have too much work to do to mod right now..that will be wintertime stuff.
I also suspect you will want to add some lights to the ROPS. Every tractor with a FEL has the same issue.