Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #1  

dodger454

Tractor
LS G3033 w/FEL Backhoe
Getting real close to buying a LS but not sure which one would be best? My concern is the engines.3010 has 4cyl Mitsu and 3033 has 3cyl LS motor.This will hopefully be a long term investment and I want to be able to get parts down the line.I plan on getting it equipt with,FEL,backhoe,6' finish mower,and a snow blade for the FEL,horsepower is lower on 3010 but not much.The "R" series is out of my price range,any opinions? I also thought about a G3038 but no one local has one in stock.:confused2: Thanks!

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #2  
I myself am doing the something similar for my purchase but have decided to go gear G3033 the difference in the engines does not worry me since I now know the 3 cyl is an LS copy of an mitsu design. my gues it might have something to do with licsence rights for the engines, since the models that LS indicates are mitsu engines, LS would in turn pay mitsu for using the name in the marketing, and driving up the cost. Since the 3 cyl is made by LS there would be no extra cost, and that pricing structure would better fit the "value" line. Like you the R3039 is out of my price range and I actually prefer the smaller frame and turning radius for where I'll be doing the bulk of my loader work and the 3 point implements I would be running wouldn't change between the G series and an R3039.. ****edit also forgot to mention I prefer the 3 ranges vs the 2 on the S3010. (if the S3010 had 3 ranges I'd be getting it.)

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #3  
I too am trying to decide between the s3010 and the g3033. Only a 600.00 difference. Any other noticable major differences you all have noted?

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #4  
I have since learned the s3010 is being discontinued and the G3033's are hard to come by. Battleboro is out. The dealer I have been working with told me he wouldnt have any for at least a month. (thats what LS told him) He offered a G3038 for 600 over his qouted price for the 3033 since he had those in stock.. soon as my bank comes thru I will be placing my order.

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #5  
Getting real close to buying a LS but not sure which one would be best? My concern is the engines.3010 has 4cyl Mitsu and 3033 has 3cyl LS motor.This will hopefully be a long term investment and I want to be able to get parts down the line.I plan on getting it equipt with,FEL,backhoe,6' finish mower,and a snow blade for the FEL,horsepower is lower on 3010 but not much.The "R" series is out of my price range,any opinions? I also thought about a G3038 but no one local has one in stock.:confused2: Thanks!
dodger454, Have you purchased a tractor yet? :thumbsup:The details?
Solinski

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033
Solinski I bought the G3033,with FEL,grill guard,FEL,BH,6"finish mower,and snow-plow.It was delivered Late OCT.Got to mow once,did alot of FEL work. I have 23 hours so far and think it's a great tractor,lot's of power,will pick up a full bucket of gravel with no hesitation.No problems to report,did a little "pimpin".Front and rear rops lights,made a bracket that bolts to the frame on the back of the fuel tank and holds 2 ammo cans,bucket hooks and cupholder. The G was about $900 more than than the S and already had the BH attached.The BH did add about 7k to the price.

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #7  
Hi dodger454, Thanks for info on your LS G3033! Did you consider the HST trans.? I hear so much positive about HST but I really like the simplicity and fuel economy of a gear trans. So I'm still bogged down on deciding whether HST or gear trans.? Good luck!
Solinski

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #8  
Probably best that if you are even contemplating the HST, go with it. You are either gear or not. Personally I prefer gear and wont consider an HST but if you are at the point of considering the two, go for the HST and you will surely like it.

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033 #9  
Hi dodger454, Thanks for info on your LS G3033! Did you consider the HST trans.? I hear so much positive about HST but I really like the simplicity and fuel economy of a gear trans. So I'm still bogged down on deciding whether HST or gear trans.? Good luck!
Solinski

Unless you have some physical considerations, you might want to let the primary tasks you intend to use the tractor for determine which drive system to go with. FOR ME, hogging, plowing, skidding trees, etc..., points toward gear. Detailed loader/grapple work, snow removal (though I have no experience with snow), etc..., might have me considering HST.

Did read something weird in the upper forums about a guy the broke the crank shaft on his Kubota HST by bogging it down till it died doing loader work. Not sure whether HST had anything to do with it though.

/ Trying to decide between S3010 or G3033
I never gave HST a thought,the dealer didn't have any in S or G series in HST and my old Allis and International BH were gear,guess that's what I'm used to.Plus the price difference allowed me to buy a snowplow for it. BTW I take full responsibility for little to no snow in Western Pa this year:laughing: If I wouldn't have bought the plow,we'd still be digging out.:thumbsup: