Is there any difference between the LS 4020 and the 4047?

/ Is there any difference between the LS 4020 and the 4047? #1  

Turner4491

Have been looking for a while and have decided the LS is the best tractor for the money, but my local dealer doesn't have a 4047 but can get one within a couple of weeks but I would like to see one in person before ordering one. I have called all the dealers within hour or so drive (which is only 4), but nobody has one in stock. One of the dealers has a 2010 4020 so I want go see it if it is the same or very similar to the 4047. I thought the dealer might be able to give me a deal on the 4020 but his price for it is within a couple of hundred bucks of my local dealer (who I have dealt with for over 30 years) on the 2011 4047. Does anybody have any experience with the differences between these two models?

Also does anybody have any pics of the 4047 with ag tires, I would like to have ag tires but the brochures shows them to be different sizes than the r4s. Just curious as to what it would look like with the ag(r1)tires if they are different sizes.

Thanks ahead guys,

/ Is there any difference between the LS 4020 and the 4047? #2  
The R1 AG tires are typically taller and narrower than the industrial R4s, so yes the tractor is going to look different. I would also get all 3 rear remotes for future hydraulic needs. I believe that it comes with 2, but it is nice to have all that are available. Are you getting the HST or manual trans?

/ Is there any difference between the LS 4020 and the 4047?
Getting the manual trans, I just like the feel of it better. Just like i'd rather have the manual transmission in my work trucks, I just feel like I have more control.

/ Is there any difference between the LS 4020 and the 4047? #4  
I purchased the 4020 hydo last April just before the new 4047 model came out, its basically the same tractor with a couple modifications. The joy stick for the FEL was remounted to the fender and the lift arms on the 3-pt hitch have been extended. The price also went up 1200.00 so iam alittle confused as to why the 4020 is the same price as the new model. I elected to have the industrial tires over the ag tires becuase some of the work i do is in the yard and the ag tire will tear up the lawn, the industrial tires have purformed great for me , even hualing large logs out of the muddy woods...Its been a great tractor, lots of power, easy to use.....p.s. You might see if your dealer will throw in the extended arms in the deal on the 4020 if you go that route, they are a couple hundred bucks and make a big difference when running epuiment out the back.Good luck and keep us posted.

/ Is there any difference between the LS 4020 and the 4047? #5  
I purchased the 4020 hydo last April just before the new 4047 model came out, its basically the same tractor with a couple modifications. The joy stick for the FEL was remounted to the fender and the lift arms on the 3-pt hitch have been extended. The price also went up 1200.00 so iam alittle confused as to why the 4020 is the same price as the new model. I elected to have the industrial tires over the ag tires becuase some of the work i do is in the yard and the ag tire will tear up the lawn, the industrial tires have purformed great for me , even hualing large logs out of the muddy woods...Its been a great tractor, lots of power, easy to use.....p.s. You might see if your dealer will throw in the extended arms in the deal on the 4020 if you go that route, they are a couple hundred bucks and make a big difference when running epuiment out the back.Good luck and keep us posted.
Yep, fender mounted joystick, telescoping lift arms (very nice add-on), and also the hood/headlights has a different look to it. I'll see if I can post a pic