LS Backhoe

/ LS Backhoe #21  
We've had this discussion with our LS service rep, and were told that it's not that uncommon to see 3pt attached backhoes break the rear case if they get used really hard, and that sort of breakage would not be covered under warranty.... which to me seems totally reasonable. They won't do some blanket cancellation of warranty based on attaching somebody else's implement, but if you have a tractor failure caused by that implement then it's another story.
In our experience LS has been very reasonable and given customers all the benefit of the doubt in warranty situations.
I'm curious what other backhoes you might be considering? The LS backhoes are really stout, and a LOT cheaper and nicer than the Koykers we've sold in the past. LS's quick attach subframe setup is really nice too.... on most models you don't even have to remove the 3pt arms to attach the backhoe, just raise 'em up and hook up the backhoe...no tools required.

Attachments

• LS_Tractor_R3039_backhoe.jpg
    LS_Tractor_R3039_backhoe.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 1,050
   / LS Backhoe #22  
I haven't really looked into other brands seriously, I just mentioned it to the dealer that I may be tempted to go to a different brand if the price of the LS hoe was too high, I would prefer to stick with the brand if the price is realistic and I do like the idea of the subframe much better, I tend to be rough on things and a hoe is a rough piece of equipment

/ LS Backhoe #23  
I think thats the first good pic of an LS backhoe I've seen. Thanks John!

/ LS Backhoe #24  
Id like to see a price. Maybe one for a 5030u. LOL

/ LS Backhoe #25  
We had the same warranty discussion on the Kioti side. There are a few lines written into the Kioti warranty that got all our feathers a little ruffled, but the same answer emerged, if it's a failure caused by another manufactures equipment, then it shouldn't fall under the tractors warranty, BUT the bh will have it's own warranty that should quick in. That's were a good dealer will really come in handy. My dealer never said a word about warranty issues with my Woods BH-70X on my Kioti CK30, but I fully believe he will take care of me if I ever have an issue.

Look carefully at the bh. I know nothing about the LS bh, but in my case, the Woods bh was much better than the Kioti bh, mostly because of the subframe and thumb. They are all made to match so get the best bang for your buck.

/ LS Backhoe #26  
well after calling my local LS dealer i got the impression as well that they didnt want to sell me the bigger ones due to quality issues...

Any idea what kind of issues were they having and if they've been addressed?

/ LS Backhoe
Not sure bluetoy.. i never looked into getting a 3 point backhoe and further..I know it looks fairly rugged but the priceing of them was what made me run

/ LS Backhoe #28  
Not sure bluetoy.. i never looked into getting a 3 point backhoe and further..I know it looks fairly rugged but the priceing of them was what made me run

The pricing of the LS backhoe made ya run? Was it comparable to other brands or just the expense of the backhoe attachment in general? If I recall, subframe mounted backhoes are generally about $1000 per foot of digging capacity. Want to dig 7' down? That'll be about $7000.

Of course it has been a couple of years since I looked...

/ LS Backhoe
yes it was just the whole cost of running a backhoe on my tractor.. I can buy a decent used full size TLB for cheaper..

/ LS Backhoe #30  
yes it was just the whole cost of running a backhoe on my tractor.. I can buy a decent used full size TLB for cheaper..

I don't know about cheaper... but I'm planning on doing exactly that. Buy an old construction backhoe for 8-12k. Those plans are down the road a bit though.