LS Backhoe

/ LS Backhoe #1  

toxicjeeper

Silver Member
Tractor
LS 5020c
Does any body have the LB3501 or LB3502 Ls backhoe? Just looking for opinions on quality, power etc..Or even how much they are( have yet to call my dealer about it)..My thoughts on it are it is is going to cost more than 10g than i might just buy an old full size TLB..Here is really the only pic i could find of one on a 5020c like mine..Definitly like the look of it and it looks like there is some beef to the metal boom/ dipper, etc..

Attachments

• 00e63ad90a0a006500d0d8437f5468af.jpg
    00e63ad90a0a006500d0d8437f5468af.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 915
  • 00e6aa350a0a006500d0d8438586be44.jpg
    00e6aa350a0a006500d0d8438586be44.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,590
   / LS Backhoe #2  
I had my dealer quote it to me back before I got my tractor. I don't recall the model or even the price, but when I was looking I found that they generally cost $1000 per foot of digging depth. Good luck. Can't wait to hear more info about them.

/ LS Backhoe #5  
The LS dealers I talked with before purchasing showed very little enthusism for selling the LS backhoe. It could have been that I just looked like a cheap *** that would not purchase the hoe. I purchased a 3 point (Rhino unit painted JD green) unit that I could put on my LS, but keep it on my dad's JD. Many on here will tell you of the horrors of the 3 point units, but my use is generally light and sparadic.

/ LS Backhoe
well after calling my local LS dealer i got the impression as well that they didnt want to sell me the bigger ones due to quality issues..He did however say that they will sell me a wallenstine 7 foot with sub frame for 6 grand and a 7.5 foot wallenstien for 7500...a little steeper than i wanted to go and i can probably buy an older full size backhoe for 7500..not sure what to do..

/ LS Backhoe #7  
well after calling my local LS dealer i got the impression as well that they didnt want to sell me the bigger ones due to quality issues..He did however say that they will sell me a wallenstine 7 foot with sub frame for 6 grand and a 7.5 foot wallenstien for 7500...a little steeper than i wanted to go and i can probably buy an older full size backhoe for 7500..not sure what to do..

If you have the room for an older full size unit, you will be much happier with one of them, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more machine. ;)

/ LS Backhoe #8  
We haven't had one of the 3501 backhoes through here yet, but I have to say that we've been nothing but impressed with LS's smaller backhoes... they're both stouter and less expensive than the Koykers we've sold in the past, and have a frame mount with quick disconnect capability. We looked at the Wallensteins also, but they were a lot more money than the LS units...maybe we're not buying the Wallensteins right, because we couldn't have done one at the prices quoted above. I would recommend strongly AGAINST putting a 3pt connect backhoe on your tractor.

/ LS Backhoe #9  

I just ordered my LS 5020 and too was looking at the backhoe option. Any word on a price? I know that the tractor mounted hoe is not the same a owning a true backhoe, but it saves me maintenance on more tires, brakes, engine, ect ect. I do light digging like a pole barn here and there and stumps in the summer. If you hear anything on a price let me know. I seem to remember a price from my dealer near $6K. Thanks

/ LS Backhoe #10  
When I bought my smaller LS I wanted to get a backhoe also. I do not recall the pricing but it seemed way over priced and they had none in Oklahoma to look at. The local dealer had not sold one. I went with a 3-pt (I know flame on) that I put on my Dad's JD1050. It will fit my LS and when I have time I will build a sub frame for my LS. There are several threads on building a sub frame here on TBN.

Brian