rear remote detent kit from LS ?

/ rear remote detent kit from LS ? #1  

FritzII

Silver Member
Tractor
McCormick CT36HST w/FEL, Kubota G2160
I'm thinking about changing one of the rear remotes to a detent type ( to run a log splitter for example ) This would be on an R3039H. I know I can strap the handle open, but I would rather have the detent kit if the cost is not through the roof. I think LS offers this as a kit ? Does anyone have any experience with this kit ?

I would appreciate any comments about the install proceedure or costs involved.

/ rear remote detent kit from LS ? #2  
I don't know too much about hydraulics, so I just fitted one of my remotes with a linkage and use that cut off hammer handle below my chain box. Probably just a little bit redneck, eh?

BucknSplit_007.jpg

/ rear remote detent kit from LS ? #3  
I don't know too much about hydraulics, so I just fitted one of my remotes with a linkage and use that cut off hammer handle below my chain box. Probably just a little bit redneck, eh?

No more redneck than that little trailer. :thumbsup: Thanks for the idea!

/ rear remote detent kit from LS ? #4  
Thanks for the idea!

I don't know how the 3010s are, but there was a slight opening between the fender and the ROPS on my 4010. I split a short piece of 1/2" conduit that slipped over the remote lever snugly. I brazed a nut into the top end of that and put a bolt through a ball end linkage end that is threaded into a long thin piece of tubing I just found somewhere in my junk.

Finding the route for my remote link wasn't easy. I looked at all kinds of possible ways to do it and wound up with that setup.