Thanks for all your chatter!

/ Thanks for all your chatter! #1  

lmwashere

Tractor
LS R3039
This has probably been the most helpful site that I have found in my tractor search. I have been reading pretty much everything I could find, studying up to make a tractor purchase. I finally pulled the trigger on an LS R3039 last week. It should be here sometime next week. I can't wait to play with it!

I decided on LS because of the value/price ratio. A major factor in that was the warranty, as well as the awesome dealers that I have spoken to. Don't get me wrong, there is a Kubota/NH dealership close to the house and he was nice too. There is also a JD dealership within about 4 miles. JD dealers are proud of their equipment though. I don't have any complaints about their service, but neither one went above and beyond like the LS dealers did.

If you are in the North Ga/SC area, I had a really good experiences dealing with Willard's in Walhalla and Atlas Sales in Cleveland. Ultimately my decision was made according to who had the best price. I would happily deal with either one again though and the price difference was only about $400 after figuring in the loader and all of the extra equipment.

(6ft finishing mower, 5 ft tiller with slip clutch, 14 in bottom plow, 1 row cultivator)

I decided on the r3039 because it was small enough for me to pull in a pinch with my current vehicle, but still has the Mitsubishi 4 cyl. The R4041 would have been nice, but then I would have had to make arrangements to borrow a larger truck if I needed it to be somewhere else.

The G3033 would have been big enough to handle about any task I had for it, and there is something to be said for it's utilitarian design. Nothing to break as the saying goes.

In the end I decided that I liked the extra features of the R series over the G series. It may not be the perfect tractor for everyone, but for me I think it is. And as my father used to say 'that's why they make so many flavors'

From reading this forum I learned that chain hooks and filled tires are a good thing. So... I had those added. Well, sort of. When I asked the dealer about the hooks, he said something to the effect of:

"I can weld those on if you like, but let me show you what I think works better"

He then showed me these loops. As it turns out I was planning on using some 10K lb straps to do my moving anyway. I think that these loops will work much better for that, and they have much more surface area to weld to the bucket. I will post some pictures when I get it, so you can see what I am talking about.

In any case, thank you all for all of your questions, responses and debate. They have been terribly helpful in my decision making process!

/ Thanks for all your chatter! #2  
Welcome to TBN!!!

I'll be very interest in seeing the pictures of the loops you mentioned...

/ Thanks for all your chatter! #4  
Welcome LS yes.

/ Thanks for all your chatter! #5  
Nice first post! Welcome to TBN. Of course you know we expect pictures, right?

PH

/ Thanks for all your chatter! #6  
I'll be very interest in seeing the pictures of the loops you mentioned...

I'm also interested in this loop thingy:) I also just received an LS 3010 tractor. I did make a set of rear tire chains and have a snowblower. Still need to get pictures. The chains I built{rebuilt} are just a simple set that I reworked to fit. I do believe I'll add an H patern to them this summer. So far I am very pleased with the machine very user friendly. The only thing I'm planning on changing is the 4wheel drive lever it's hard to reach especially for someone with a very bad back.

/ Thanks for all your chatter! #7  
If I have the right idea in mind on the loops, it sounds like something that could be added and still have hooks too. I want to see it too.

/ Thanks for all your chatter!
The loops look kinda like this:

B38_M.jpg

I got 2 sizes, 16000 lb on the front of the bucket and 40000 lb on the back where the metal is heavier.

Either one should be more than strong enough, but I can fit the hooks on the ends of my straps through the larger ones.

The picture of the bucket will help to explain.

/ Thanks for all your chatter! #9  
Congrats, that's the same tractor that I have. Mine was delivered just before Christmas and has about 14 hours on it now.

/ Thanks for all your chatter!
Thanks, I am very anxious for it to arrive. I have not even seen it. I drove one of course, but not mine.