LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal?

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #1  

Solinski

Bronze Member
Tractor
2012 Mahindra Max 25
The LS 3033 HST, Mahindra 3016 HST, and Kioti CK27 HST are the leading competitors in my search for the perfect tractor. I started out totally convinced that I wanted a gear transmission but after endless research I have decided on the HST. I now have discovered that the LS 3033 HST has :shocked:no clutch pedal disconnect for the HST. The Mahindra 3016 HST and Kioti CK27 HST both have clutch disconnect pedals. I asked my LS dealer why no clutch disconnect pedal and he said that the LS 3033 HST does not need a clutch disconnect pedal and in fact the clutch disconnect adds complication and additional machinery to break. Does anyone with an LS tractor or any other brand have an opinion on this? I owned a New Holland Tc25d HST and found the clutch pedal disconnect :thumbsup:handy for PTO engagement and especially for an emergency stop. Have any other tractor brands eliminated the HST clutch pedal disconnect? Any tractor brands that never had one in the first place? :DYour input will be much appreciated!
Thanks! :)Solinski

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #2  
I have the LS I3040H and do not have a clutch. As far as emergency stops releasing the direction pedal or slightly depressing the oposite direction will make you need the seat belt! The other advatage as I see it is the brakes are on the left and can be split to allow for steering.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #3  
Several of The HST tractors have no clutch pedal.. Mine does, but the only thing it is good for is engaging and disengaging the PTO. It also has a starter safety switch, and must be pushed in to start the tractor. I have went all day and only pushed it in once. The ones without clutch's usually have an electric/hydraulic PTO engagement scheme.

James K0UA

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal?
Hi vwnotrunning and KOua, I appreciate your input and feel more comfortable about not having the clutch release on the LS 3033 HST.
Solinski

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #5  
Having the clutch was one of the main reasons that I went with my Mahindra 3215HST. I wanted the clutch to engage the PTO vs the electric-hydraulic engagement. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Brian, Thanks for your input. I'm glad that I am not the only one that thinks the clutch on an HST is important, especially for PTO engagement. I do not know :confused2:how the electric-hydraulic engagement PTO works so I will have to do some research. I tend to :thumbsup:favor manual controls since electrically controlled devices on equipment exposed to the elements is usually more prone to :(failure. Keep those opinions coming:thumbsup:!
Thanks! :DSolinski

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #7  
There had been a lot of talk about how hard the electric-hydraulic PTOs engaged and no matter what, I am pretty sure that even today there is no way to feather them to engagement. I just prefer a clutch that I control for PTO engagement.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #8  
I hate the clutch pedal on my Kubota, but also hate push button PTO engagement; mine still has the lever just like the one on our M8540.

/ LS 3033 HST has no clutch pedal? #9  
Some brands use a clutch disc off the flywheel to drive the hydro. No clutch linkage necessary with electro hydraulic systems. I have parts books for the LS older hydros, but no manuels for 2010 or newer. We use to lower the pressure to the pto clutch, for less severe engagement. Also engage pto on a engine idle. They still would break shear bolts, and are tough on over running clutches.

Hi trac, LS tractors breaking shear bolts on implements? What do you think about adding an overrunning clutch to the PTO on a 2012 LS 3033 HST? Do you think it would it be advantageous to lower the pressure to the PTO clutch on an LS 3033 HST for less severe engagement? Do you operate a tractor repair business? Thanks for the info!
Solinski