LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide!

/ LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide! #1  

temba

Tractor
JD LT180
Hi folks,
Anyone out there have an LS G3039H with backhoe? I can't decide between this and a Kioti CK35 w/hoe.
I like the LS machine, but not sure about the brand and it seems to have very little ground clearance due to the way the backhoe connects to the chassis. The connection sure does look beefy, but really reduces ground clearance.

Any thoughts / advice?

Thanks

/ LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide! #2  
There was someone floating around here that got an LS backhoe around that size recently. It may be a few threads down in the LS forum.
First off, both are going to be very good tractors, I hear nothing but good about the reliability of both and have an LS myself. That said, I believe that many Kioti dealerships are swapping colors. Kioti has been putting tough requirements on their dealers and many are fed up with Kioti trying to push them around. LS has been taking off pretty quick it seems but how many LS dealers are nearby will depend on your area. I have 3 dealers within an hour drive from my home and another 2 within an hour from the property I keep my tractor on. I have no doubt that I made a good decision picking LS but it may not be the best fit for everyone. The most important factor for you ought to be dealership support. Are both dealers open on weekends? Are they easy to deal with and talk to? See if you can get some references from the dealers. Ask for both sales references and service references because you will want to know how other people feel they were treated both in the sales office and when they needed service on their tractors.

Best of luck!

/ LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide!
Sublifer - I agree that dealer support is important. Especially for someone like me who has never owned a real tractor. Kioti has dealers close to the 2 properties I will be using the tractor on, so that helps their cause a bit. The LS dealer contacted me this weekend an is now able to offer the same financing as Kioti, so that helps his cause a bit. Guess I'll have to go kick the tires again on each of these...and request a few references as well.
Thanks for the input.

/ LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide! #4  
Temba... what new pricing was your dealer able to offer? I have been stuck trying to decide to pull the trigger on a new tractor.. better finance package may be deciding factor whether I do the G3038 or R3039.

/ LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide! #5  
I would strongly recommend the R series over the G series. Specifically the 4041 and 4047's. R series adds rear remotes as well as a few other things but if you can get to the 4041 you have a larger displacement and more durable engine and better 3ph lift capacity. I think there is a chassis size difference between the r3039 and r4041 too. LS website shows 1000 pounds weight difference.
LS Tractor USA

/ LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide!
Altamaha - Originally my LS dealer was only offering 3.99% for 60 months. I told him Kioti was offering 72 and 84 month durations and that was more attractive to me as it keeps the monthly payments lower. A few days later he told me he can now offer the same rates and durations as Kioti. So, as I see it my options are 3.99% for 60 months, 4.5% for 72 months and 5.5% for 84 months. His prices with FEL and backhoe where 23K for the G3033H and 27K for the R3039H.

As Sublifer said the R series offers much more than the G. 2 remotes vs 1 and a much better seat comes to mind. The dealer did not have a 4041 on site, so I can't speak to the size difference.

Hope that helps!

/ LS G3039H or Kioti CK35...can't decide! #7  
Thanks much for the update. I am going to get one or the other. I really do not need a big tractor. I have 30acres of planted pines (12 years old) and another couple of acres of garden. I want one with a FEL just to keep the fallen limbs up and out of the way of the crew raking my straw, and to help me clean up after I cut the timber in another few years. I tend the garden with an old David Brown 990, and I have a David Brown 880 that is on the market if anyone is interested.