Question about sizing tiller to my LS

/ Question about sizing tiller to my LS #1  

astrofan

Tractor
LS 4047h
Recently bought an LS 4047h (LOVE IT) and now have been offered a rarely used Land Pride RTA 1050 (50") Tiller for only $500.

The problem is that the Tiller PTO HP rating is 17-25 (25 max).

Would I be wrong in thinking I could still run the tiller just fine if I backed off the throttle? If so, how many RPM's would you run it?

There is no slip-clutch on the tiller, only a shear pin.

Can you help out this new LS owner/

/ Question about sizing tiller to my LS #2  
Well, you certainly can run the thing. The tiller will want to run at 540 rpm --- so that's where your throttle should be set. The problem will be that you'll get really tired of replacing shear pins. You'll probably just replace it with a bolt ---- then you'll destroy the tiller. That tiller is also too narrow for you tractor --- you'll be leaving tractor tracks everywhere. I know it's inexpensive, but I think you'll regret it if you buy it.

/ Question about sizing tiller to my LS #3  
My Montana R4944 (same tractor 09 4020 model) we run a 5 footer now and it is to small but we had it left over from previous tractors. My 5 footer doesn't even cover the tire marks completely. Your tractor will handle a 6' or a 6 1/2' not so sure if I would go any larger though, and yes they are expensive to say the least!

/ Question about sizing tiller to my LS #4  
Recently bought an LS 4047h (LOVE IT) and now have been offered a rarely used Land Pride RTA 1050 (50") Tiller for only $500.

The problem is that the Tiller PTO HP rating is 17-25 (25 max).

Would I be wrong in thinking I could still run the tiller just fine if I backed off the throttle? If so, how many RPM's would you run it?

There is no slip-clutch on the tiller, only a shear pin.

Can you help out this new LS owner/

Not sure if your handle means you are from the Houston area, but that tiller would just about right for my little LS S3010 (24 hp at the PTO) if you decide against buying it yourself.