LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #1  

DavidBR

Tractor
LS U5030C, Farmtrac 300DTC, Ferguson TO-30
Hey all, I'm a long time forum lurker who recently joined. I have gained lots of knowledge from reading on here and have really enjoyed this forum as a guest and will more so as a member. I recently bought a LS U5030C it is an excellent tractor and I am satisfied with it in all aspects but have a question regarding the fuel gauge. When the tractor was delivered the fuel gauge showed 3/4 of a tank. I put 13 hours on the tractor in one day of fairly heavy duty mowing at 540 PTO Speed and had to put 15 gallons of diesel in it per watching the fuel gauge. I looked for leaks as the gauge seemed to move down far too fast. I have checked for leaks with the tractor on and off and can't find any. The fuel gauge moves down from full in under an hour yet every time I put diesel in it and it was reading a quarter of a tank five gallons topped it all the way off. I assume the fuel gauge is reading incorrectly. I read the thread on fuel tank leakage for this model tractor but have throughly examined the tank and it is definitely not leaking. This tractor is supposed to hold almost 16 gallons of fuel. Is this just normal fuel usage of a machine with 57hp. I apologize I know this is probably a stupid question, thanks in advance for your time.

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #2  
Hey all, I'm a long time forum lurker who recently joined. I have gained lots of knowledge from reading on here and have really enjoyed this forum as a guest and will more so as a member. I recently bought a LS U5030C it is an excellent tractor and I am satisfied with it in all aspects but have a question regarding the fuel gauge. When the tractor was delivered the fuel gauge showed 3/4 of a tank. I put 13 hours on the tractor in one day of fairly heavy duty mowing at 540 PTO Speed and had to put 15 gallons of diesel in it per watching the fuel gauge. I looked for leaks as the gauge seemed to move down far too fast. I have checked for leaks with the tractor on and off and can't find any. The fuel gauge moves down from full in under an hour yet every time I put diesel in it and it was reading a quarter of a tank five gallons topped it all the way off. I assume the fuel gauge is reading incorrectly. I read the thread on fuel tank leakage for this model tractor but have throughly examined the tank and it is definitely not leaking. This tractor is supposed to hold almost 16 gallons of fuel. Is this just normal fuel usage of a machine with 57hp. I apologize I know this is probably a stupid question, thanks in advance for your time.

Welcome to the LS Tractor forum!

My gauge is goofy too. The S3010 has a 8.5 gal tank, but I can just barely get 5 gallons in it with the gauge says it's close to empty. I'm the kind of guy who fills up my car at a 1/2 tank, so I'm OK with the gauge weirdness. As for the fuel consumption, the S3010 is 28.5 hp and it sounds like you are burning diesel at about twice the rate that I do running the PTO at 540, so that sounds about right to me. Maybe someone with a U5030C can confirm that for you though.

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #3  
I've got a U5030. The non-calibrated fuel gauge is common. Mine will read 1/4 then just above E then back to 1/4. So I keep it topped off the best I can. I'm sure there is fix in the works.

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #4  
I have a U5030C also. the fuel gauge on my tractor does about like yours, when it shows empty usally 10 gallons will fill it up.

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues
Thanks for the welcome and all the prompt replies guys. I just wanted to make sure that the fuel gauge and usage of diesel was normal. I will just keep it topped off regularly. Thanks again guys.

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #6  
My 3039 did just the opposite. I nearly ran out of fuel with the gauge showing a little less than a quarter tank.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #7  
I received a 2014 5020C two and a half weeks ago with the same problem. It should be the float or the sending unit. My dealer is going to check it out.

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #8  
My Montana does the same thing. I didn't worry about it as long as it didn't say I had a 1/2 tank when I ran out, the opposite I can live with.

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #9  
My 5020 is the same... when it shows empty i can only get 40liters into the tank max...its suppose to hold 60 so i dunno...just the nature of the beast i guess...it takes me a long time to burn that much fuel...it is way better to have it lie with extra desil in it that to have to reprime the motor because it ran out...

/ LS U5030C Fuel Gauge Issues #10  
I just recently bought a U5030 and when I filled it up the other day the gauge still showed less than full. Other than that love the tractor.