Broke Check Link

/ Broke Check Link #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
I managed to break one of my check links on the three point. I had bent them a while back, but one broke right across one of the adjustment holes.
Actually all I really need to replace, is the inner bar, but they probably only sell it as a unit. I'll find out when I call the dealer tomorrow.

Good new is, I got two more pine stumps out today!

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Broke Check Link #2  
Just curious, what implement did you have on and what do you think caused it to break?

/ Broke Check Link
vwnotrunning said:
Just curious, what implement did you have on and what do you think caused it to break?

I bent them several weeks ago, when I bogged the tractor down. I had the box blade on, and using the FEL to lift the front, it forced the box blade upward, as it was already down in the mud. I had been meaning to take them off, and take them to the shop and straighten them on the press. Guess I won't have to worry about that now!

I believe I may have bent them a bit more while digging out stumps today. I lifted the front a couple times while the box blade wasn't all the way up.
Was filling the stump holes, and was back grading with the BB, and backed into a stump. I'm sure that's what did the damage. Live and learn, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Broke Check Link
Called my dealer this morning to see about the check links. As I thought, they are only available as a unit. She told me at one time, she would break them up for customers, but would have to check to see if she has any of the inner bar parts left.
She did tell me that she had the solid rod type, with the screw adjustment, that a lot of their customers prefer.

Do any of you have any experience with any of the various type check links?
I have the rod type, with a turnbuckle adjustment on my Kubota, and its worked fine. This type does give infinite adjustment of the links.

/ Broke Check Link #5  
Here are what are on my LS. I have not had any trouble with and are easy to use.

/ Broke Check Link #6  
Backing up with a boxblade has done more damage to 3PH than can be counted. Pushing snow, gravel or loose dirt is one thing, but hitting big rocks and stumps when backing up and something is going to go bang.

/ Broke Check Link
yep, this stump was barely above ground. Just enough for the blade to catch it.
I'm going to the dealer in the morning to pick up the new stabilizers. My dealer said she used to part out the individual parts (now sold as a complete unit) but seems everyone breaks the same piece that I did. Had any piece but the one I needed. Didn't have them in stock, but is pulling a set off of a new unit for me.

/ Broke Check Link #8  
rwork said:
yep, this stump was barely above ground. Just enough for the blade to catch it.
I'm going to the dealer in the morning to pick up the new stabilizers. My dealer said she used to part out the individual parts (now sold as a complete unit) but seems everyone breaks the same piece that I did. Had any piece but the one I needed. Didn't have them in stock, but is pulling a set off of a new unit for me.

Wow! That dealer is a keeper!

/ Broke Check Link
Wow! That dealer is a keeper!

Yes, I've been very happy with them. Way out in the middle of nowhere, but they're a family business and have been there for 50 years. The place ain't pretty, but they're great folks. Inside almost looks like an old country store. They have parts stacked around for just about any kind of implement you could imagine. It's one of those places where you can go get your supplies, and they ask " do you want me to put this on your ticket?"

/ Broke Check Link #10  
I just went to the dealer today to get a link and some other supplies. I bent mine a while back and figure I better replace it before it breaks. Of course it wasn't in stock and had to be ordered. I think it was $53 plus tax.