How's Everyone Doing

/ How's Everyone Doing #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
Just wondering how all the regulars are doing.
Gary, what's going on up your way?
LittleBlue, getting any rain over in Texas?
Bob77064, I promise the pictures are coming!
Joemd11, how are things over in PA?

It's been a bit quite in here this week. Hope everyone is doing good. Chime in once in a while a let us know whats going on.

Randy

/ How's Everyone Doing #2  
Randy,
I haven't been on the forum much as we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and it has been a little hectic. Also, the grass is really growing fast this time of year and lots to do before winter sets in. We have had a few nights when the temp dipped into the 30's. I did change the oil/filter on the LS and greased it. I also checked the torque on the wheel bolts and loader mounts. Still have to change the fuel filter but that looks like a pain to do. That about sums up my life for the past few weeks. Hows it going down on the Gulf Coast?

/ How's Everyone Doing
Randy,
I haven't been on the forum much as we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel and it has been a little hectic. Also, the grass is really growing fast this time of year and lots to do before winter sets in. We have had a few nights when the temp dipped into the 30's. I did change the oil/filter on the LS and greased it. I also checked the torque on the wheel bolts and loader mounts. Still have to change the fuel filter but that looks like a pain to do. That about sums up my life for the past few weeks. Hows it going down on the Gulf Coast?

Hey Joe,
Still waiting for some cool weather! They say we may get a front next week. Still in the upper eighties down here, but the humidity hasn't been quite as bad as usual!
Good luck with the kitchen, I know you've got your hands full there!
Randy

/ How's Everyone Doing #4  
I was lightly disking up/pulling a drag on the pasture after sowing some winter rye grass. Pasture was pretty rough hence the drag. Noticed the seat feeling a bit funny like something was loose. Checked it out. After removing it from the mount and getting it onto my shop table and a little disassembly, I found the problem. It has an X bracket on each side and the pin holding the X together broke off. This caused the bottom of one leg of the X to break the weld also.
I took the seat cushions and frame off the suspension bracket and took it to my dealer as he had said he could likely order the part. Well when I got there his book didnt show any part so he called the area distributor. Guess what? The bracket cant be ordered as a part. THE WHOLE SEAT IS ONE UNIT!!! I am still under warranty (just barely) and asked them to order me a seat AND lets see if we can fix this one so I can use my tractor in the next 6 weeks. Thats how long it took them to get me a fuel tank. So we went to their shop and the mechanic finally got it aligned and held the pin in while I welded it back. Then we pryed around on it till we got the bottom of the X bracket back closely aligned and I welded that. I could barely see out of their old dark lens hood and could just barely get a welding rod into the pin. The only rod they had was a 1/8" 7018 and I needed a 3/32" Sure missed my auto-dark. It wasnt pretty but it is much better than before. When I got home, I welded the pin on the other side.
When the called the area distributor man and told him they had a customer with a broken seat, he said "what happened, did the pin break". Looks like it might be a common problem. Any way got it all together and in the tractor but now the seat back is leaning forward like it was tilted and I cant get it to go back. I have to disassemble it this morning and see what I did wrong as I cant find any latch to release to let the seat back stand up straight.
Good news is that now the welds are stronger than original. The pins holding the X together in the middle which supports all the driver weight has just a really light fusion tack weld of maybe 1/2 mm in throat size by 2 mm long. That pin should have been solid plug welded.
Anyway will see about getting new seat as the owner wasnt there and it was me and the counter man with a mechanic to deal with it.

/ How's Everyone Doing #5  
Getting some rain this morning down here in Waller, Texas (about 40 miles Northwest of Houston). Haven't had much seat time as work has been crazy busy. Looking forward to some cooler weather soon as it has still been pretty warm this month..

/ How's Everyone Doing #6  
Got my seat back together and found the latch mechanism that tilts the back so that wasnt an issue. Only had the tractor 2 years and never found that seat back latch. Cant even find my operators manual now, wife says hasnt seen it but I am sure I had it in the house a couple years ago when I was reading up on the tractor. It isnt in my shop or on the tractor so will have to see what/where to find it (later). Got back to discing and pulling a leveling drag over about have of the 42 acres that we have (brother in law and myself). Finished fixing the seat, double dragged about 5 acre plot and then had to wake up my brother in law at 8am. Man I just cant sleep THAT late unless I am taking sleeping pills or something. Taking a break for lunch then got a couple more parcels to work up. Hoping that we get that promised rain sometime today to germinate that $450 worth of rye grass seed that we put out.

/ How's Everyone Doing
Boy, my grapple project is getting more expensive by the day! I think my oil filter and two hydraulic couplings may have cost me a couple hundred bucks!

Had to get up early before work this morning, so I could make a trip to my dealer to pick up a couple male connector ends, and my filters. Got the supplies, and in a rush to get to work to open up, knowing I would be late; I had my foot in it a little to heavy....

Yep the good ole State Trooper got me! 85 on a state hiway with a 65 mph limit, ouch! I know this one is gonna hurt!

/ How's Everyone Doing #8  
Randy, doing fine here the weather is great. Thanks for asking. Sorry to hear about the ticket.

Bob

/ How's Everyone Doing
It's rained all day, down here in sunny south Mississippi! And it's supposed to be worse tomorrow......I can't catch a break !?!

/ How's Everyone Doing #10  
The Big rain we were to get barely wet the side walk. Barely got enough to make dust stick to the windshield while I was discing up the pasture. At least we got all the rye grass sown and dragged dirt over it. Now it Mother Nature would cooperate and give us some decent rain to make it grow.