LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #1  

papalynn

Tractor
LS G3033H
Has anyone had a problem with the seat switch activator bracket? This is the switch that insures that someone is in the drivers seat. If the switch is not made, the forward and reverse hydraulics won't activate. The FEL and 3 point work normal.
The tractor just won't move forward or backwards. When I got about 30 hrs on the tractor, this activator bracket broke and a new one had to be ordered by my dealer. My son went to pick up the new one today and the dealer had two broken brackets on the counter. Dealer said LS is working on a permanent fix for this problem. The workaround for this problem is to jumper the plug that goes into the switch until your bracket arrives from the dealer.

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #2  
Hmm.. my 4041 doesnt have any seat safety switch at all.. First Ive heard of any LS tractors having it..

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #3  
My P7010C doesnt have a seat safety switch either. It is straight gear so only switch is the clutch switch. Might be one on the PTO also. The only time I stalled it with PTO engaged was when I had the 1" prybar stuck in the U joint and I think I might have had to push in the button to start it.
I like being able to get off the tractor with it running, why waste battery and wear on starter everytime you need to dismount like when hooking up 3 PH, I just open the back window and if need to adjust th lift arms, reach in from theback and raise or lower. PIA on brother in laws NH if you get off, it dies then all levers have to be off or in neutral before you can crank it. My Kubota will crank with the gear shift in any gear as long as the hydro pedal is in neutral. I LIKE IT THAT WAY>

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #4  
Safety switches are sometimes a good idea, BUT, they carry it too far sometimes. My zero turn mower has to have parking brake engaged, steering arms have to be folded out, mower has to be disengaged. START, Then release parking brake first or it will die if you pull in the steering handles first: OK keeps you from running with parking brake on but if you didntneed to put on the parking brake to crank it NO PROBLEM>
Once running parking brake released, handles pulling in, you can start the mower if you are setting in the seat or it dies. Shift in the seat for more comfort and it dies. Four (4) microswitches to operate and if any one goes out it dies and wont start :pIA to find the right one when it does go out too.

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke
My LS tractor has a hydro static transmission and I think that is why it has the switch. It must have a driver in the seat to be going forward or backwards. You can still get off the tractor while it is running and the FEL and 3 PH still works like they should. I think it is a good idea for the seat switch. It is possible for a limb on a tree to fall and push the forward / backward pedals down and make the tractor move without a driver in the seat. Someone could get hurt. Enough accidents on tractors already. If you have a straight or shuttle shift transmission you probably don't have the seat switch. LS has a new design for the bracket but just hasn't shipped it yet. Dealer says he will call when it gets in. Dealer had three broken brackets on the counter today including mine. The bracket breaks at the flex point. Otherwise the tractor is a gem.

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #6  
My 3038H just had this problem at 15 hours.. They sent me a new one.. As you mentioned, temporarily while I was waiting for the replacement from the dealer, I just took a ten gauge wire, unplugged that switch and took the wire across the leads, jumpering it, so I could get the mowing done.
Seems like a bad design..

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #7  
My tractor is gear but I don't even know if it has any switched at all other than the clutch. When I got it the dealer had the seatbelt buckled so maybe that has a switch think i'll have to check it out!

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #8  
Mine doesnt have a seat switch to break so mine just broke the seat suspension instead. Seems LS redesigned that also. They put on a new suspension that is nothing like the old one except for the bolt holes that is. They also redesigned my bracket that holds the drawbar on the P 7010. I broke the attachment pin point bracket and they replaced that, the pin and the bracket where the drawbar swivels side to side. Old one was straight and new one has a radius bend where the drawbar sets on it. Havent broke anything else and hope not to now that my 2 year bumper to bumper warranty is out.

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke
I received the permanent re-engineered seat switch activator. Now this is heavy duty and I expect it will work forever without breaking. Very satisfied with how Springdale Tractor (Arkansas) and LS handled the problem. This little tractor is a real work horse and I would recommend it. The 5 year warranty is nice also.

/ LS G3033H Seat switch bracket broke #10  
I received the permanent re-engineered seat switch activator. Now this is heavy duty and I expect it will work forever without breaking. Very satisfied with how Springdale Tractor (Arkansas) and LS handled the problem. This little tractor is a real work horse and I would recommend it. The 5 year warranty is nice also.

Glad to hear it! My dealer was also incredibly quick to get my part back out to me also (RCO Tractor). I really am happy with my decision to get the LS also. Been a great tractor for what I need it for..
..Eric