Loaded tires

/ Loaded tires #1  

Bladehauler

Gold Member
Tractor
LS R4047
Well last night I finally got around to filling my rear tires with water ( west of Houston Tx, we get about 2 freezing days a year if we're lucky )
What a difference !! I put my Grapple on with nothing on the back ( before filling the tires ) and in 2 wheel drive got stuck just backing up the gravel drive ! I put the backhoe on cause I was too lazy to jack up the rears, but boy, it's a different machine now ! MUCH more stable and much better traction ! where before driving down into the bottom of the empty pond and then not being able to get back out without a lot of struggles, she just pulled right out without a problem ! Feels planted on the side hills now too !! Thanks everyone for the great advice , wish I had listened earlier !!:D
I just went with water in case I find a mesquite tree and drain a tire on a thorn :eek:

Thanks Again to all the knowledgeable people on TBN

/ Loaded tires #2  
Loaded tire do make all the difference in the world. Still need ballast out back, but the loaded tires sure make if grip better.

/ Loaded tires #3  
vwnotrunning said:
Loaded tire do make all the difference in the world. Still need ballast out back, but the loaded tires sure make if grip better.

X2. The difference is amazing.

/ Loaded tires #5  
X 3 My dealer automatically loads the rear tires when he sells a tractor with a FEL.

That is a good dealer. Not many of them around that will do that and everyone needs loaded tires. I have put off loading mine for 2 years now but next spring for sure. I just need a few more gallons of antifreeze to put in them. I bought 4 gallons on sale 2 years ago but never got around to putting the water/mix in. Definetely next year. I kept looking at possibility of needing it in winter for something and the water being frozen, but now I have my B26 if I need a little light duty work so its time to quit procrastinating and do it.

/ Loaded tires #6  
I had a massy with loaded tires, but now the dealer wants a ton of $ to load them with beet juice, I see his point of loading them with calcium ( that will rot out your rims) but I too haven't loaded them yet

/ Loaded tires #7  
Well winter is coming on now and I still havent loaded my LS tires. I guess next spring will be the time now. I was moving some full FEL bucket loads of dirt a few days ago and not one pound to ballast on rear. Several times I felt the rear wheel on at least one side come up. I went back after the first load and hooked up to my 8 foot disk and everything worked fine except when I hit a large pine with the disk a few days later and pulled it down nearly on top of my tractor.

/ Loaded tires #8  
Well winter is coming on now and I still havent loaded my LS tires. I guess next spring will be the time now. I was moving some full FEL bucket loads of dirt a few days ago and not one pound to ballast on rear. Several times I felt the rear wheel on at least one side come up. I went back after the first load and hooked up to my 8 foot disk and everything worked fine except when I hit a large pine with the disk a few days later and pulled it down nearly on top of my tractor.

Gary make yourself a ballast box, and stop hooking them trees:) They tuck up nice and close to the tractor, and you don't have to worry about them most of the time... but you know all of this.. take care

James K0UA

/ Loaded tires #9  
One of these days I am going to load those tires which will help considerably. The disc works OK and is same width as the tractor but hangs back a bit but not as far as the bushhog. Both weigh in at around the sam 1500 pounds so its good counterweight, much better than a close up ballast box with it hanging way back like that. I really dont do enough dirt moving now to justify building anything specific for it. I have used the 6 foot box blade and loaded up the frame with concrete blocks and that works ok also. I really just have to remember to look in those 3 mirrors that I have prior to backing out, same with my Kubota RTV and B26. I have ran into a few things with them also but they stop rather than take out the object (usually HAHAAHAHA).