buying LS, smart or not

/ buying LS, smart or not #1  

tjt35

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota 4310
I am at the point of buying a tractor and I am considering LS because of price and quality of construction. What is stopping me is I dont know if the dealerships are reliable and if the company will be around in 20 years. Would like your opinion.

/ buying LS, smart or not #2  
No one can answer you concerns about any company being around in 5 years, let alone 20 years.

As for dealerships, you'll have to ask some of their old customers, tour the place, interview the service manager and make your own best judgement.

/ buying LS, smart or not #3  
Well, I'll give you my point of view. I bought an LS R3039H, after looking at Kubota, Mahindra, Kioti, and Bobcat, and I've been more than pleased with my purchase. In case you are not aware, the LS Brand is fairly new (2009), but have been building tractors for a number of years for other Brands, i.e. New Holland Boomer Series, Branson, McCormick, Case International, and others. The company has been around for some time.
The parent company LS Mtron, is a subsidiary of LG.
I feel comfortable with my choice of tractor, and my dealer. They have been in business for 50yrs, and have carried most of the forementioned brands.
I had considered Bobcat, and just read this past week where Bobcat has chosen to discontinue their compact tractor line.
Nowadays most brands have a counterpart, so parts availability should be sustainable, even if a particular brand bows out.

Randy

/ buying LS, smart or not #4  
buying LS, smart or not....I would say NOT. With that said, I do not own an LS or did I even consider buying one. The dealership will be EVERYTHING on an LS. No dealer, no service, no warranty, no deal.

/ buying LS, smart or not #5  
buying LS, smart or not....I would say NOT. With that said, I do not own an LS or did I even consider buying one. The dealership will be EVERYTHING on an LS. No dealer, no service, no warranty, no deal.

Good answer fastbob you don't have to consider buying. I did, going on my second year with my LS and only seen or needed the dealer when I need filters. Can't say when if ever they quite selling tractors but they have been making them I would say at least 10 years in the US in other colors and there own blue.

/ buying LS, smart or not #6  
Good answer fastbob you don't have to consider buying. I did, going on my second year with my LS and only seen or needed the dealer when I need filters. Can't say when if ever they quite selling tractors but they have been making them I would say at least 10 years in the US in other colors and there own blue.
I forgot to mention....no dealer near me that I am aware of. I usually avoid off brands (yes that can cost me extra money). I hope your LS is trouble free.

/ buying LS, smart or not #7  
You think buying a Kubota 35 years ago was smart? I think LS is in that same positions now. It's a no brainer, LS is an outstanding tractor, and I'd bet on the S. Koreans and LG (parent company) being around for a long time.

HS

/ buying LS, smart or not
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your effort

/ buying LS, smart or not
thank you all for your input. It is harder for me to choose a tractor than a car. I think because I know about cars and a I am just finding out about tractors.

/ buying LS, smart or not #10  
I just noticed this is on the LS forum, missed that earlier. My post was not intended to irritate or offend any LS owners, just my opinion. LS dealer in Ponca City, Ok (135 miles away from me) is closing out his LS line at really good prices and advertising he is doing so cause he had a disagreement with LS and is getting rid of all his LS stuff. Just not interested in buying from a dealer involved in something like that no matter what the price. Who knows...LS might be a big player in the future or maybe not. My advise to the OP is check into the dealer. If you are confident in the dealer then by all means buy an LS if not maybe consider Kubota, John Deere, Mahindra or NH. My Kubota dealer is 12 miles away and that and Kubota's reputation were major influences in my decision to go Kubota. Mahindra dealer is 10 miles away but salesman was a jerk so I looked elsewhere. Best of luck to all you LS owners.