Dealer Experience

/ Dealer Experience #1  

tjt35

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota 4310
I want to buy an LS tractor but I live in North Idaho and the only dealer is 80 miles away. Is there anyone in north Idaho that has an LS whom I can talk to about their experiences with their tractor and their experience
Thank you

/ Dealer Experience #2  
80 miles is not that far in todays driving conditions. Heck in California, I knew folks that commuted to work much further than that and in the Cal. traffic which is horrendous. That should be a piece of cake for you in Idaho with the population there.
By the way my dealer is 60 miles away so about 45 minutes to an hour drive. I live 20 miles from any town big enough to have a Walmart so 80 miles is equivalent to my drive to closest airport.

/ Dealer Experience
I dont have a trailer for my tractor and the cost for the dealer to come see and or tow in back is $260

/ Dealer Experience #4  
I dont have a trailer for my tractor and the cost for the dealer to come see and or tow in back is $260

My dealer is 100 miles away. There is another closer dealer, but I really liked who I dealt with at the further dealership. Try negotiating in some pickup and delivery for any warranty or service work you can't do yourself. You never know, one dealer might be more motivated than another..

/ Dealer Experience #5  
Most dealers around here(all brands) have a minimum flat rate of $100 each way for pickup and delivery even if only 20 miles away. I did have one MF dealer that claimed free pickup and delivery for warranty work but I didnt buy a MF so cant confirm that.
My B.I.L. had a couple issues with warranty, first one he talked them into free trip but 2nd trip he had to pay the $200 or haul it himself.

/ Dealer Experience #6  
Go to the LS web site and use contact us and email them or call them and ask for any other dealers near you. I know in my case the closest dealer is in a different state because I live only 15 miles from the line, but the dealer finder on there site doesn't tell me that because it is by zip code and doesn't cross state lines.

/ Dealer Experience #7  
I have a LS tractor that I purchased not too long ago. We have 2 LS dealers that are fairly close to us, one about 10 miles away and the other 80 miles away. I got a better price and get far better service at the dealer 80 miles away so that is who I chose to buy the tractor from. He will haul for $60.00 each way, which in my opinion is a great deal. Last week he brought a 6foot bushhog and a round bale unroller, the hydraulic cylinder was defective on the unroller and he made an additional trip, to replace the cylinder, and charged me nothing. Having a good dealer is very important in my opinion.

/ Dealer Experience #8  
I'am a big Bota fan but if looking for a tractor under 80 pto HP, I would give LS or Mahindra a hard look.
If you know how to shop like they say south of the border"mucho bang for the buck". Post pic's of your tractor when you get it. Just my :2cents:

Boone

/ Dealer Experience #9  
I have a LS tractor that I purchased not too long ago. We have 2 LS dealers that are fairly close to us, one about 10 miles away and the other 80 miles away. I got a better price and get far better service at the dealer 80 miles away so that is who I chose to buy the tractor from. He will haul for $60.00 each way, which in my opinion is a great deal. Last week he brought a 6foot bushhog and a round bale unroller, the hydraulic cylinder was defective on the unroller and he made an additional trip, to replace the cylinder, and charged me nothing. Having a good dealer is very important in my opinion.

If you don't mind, which dealership did you buy from?

/ Dealer Experience #10  
Tractors Unlimited Is the dealership I purchased it from. They have earned a very satisfied customer in the way they have treated me.