Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !!

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !! #1  

G3033H

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS G3033H
Any advise ?

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !! #2  
Low battery?

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !! #3  
And Welcome to the forum.

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !! #4  
Welcome to TBN

I second low battery or loose connection then bad starter

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !! #5  
Welcome to TBN

I second low battery or loose connection then bad starter

I have had this happen and it ended up being a bad ground to frame. I just wiggled the ground wire and it worked again. Never did fix it properly with a new ground or clean the connection.

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !!
Charged the battery and still nothing, but have used the machine a lot even had it buried in muck waist deep, I'll ck the ground and hope it works! Thanks

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !! #7  
Your solenoid could be bad also. If you have removed and cleaned all the battery terminals and checked all connections for tightness, charged the battery (check that it isnt still malfunctioning as they occassionally die on the vine so to speak and wont take a charge) then your are left with starter, solenoid or switch problems.
Recently my B.I.L.'s Dodge truck had battery problems that would do just what yours is doing, jump it and it would crank and check good, then just click next time. It took 2 trips to the dealer to replace the battery and then only after it finally shorted completely and wouldnt charge or click the solenoid. Sometimes batteries develop internal shorts and check normal when the broken terminal is grounded then it short circuits and wont work at all. Short circuits are hard to find expecially intermittent ones.

Well all that is left is the solenoid and starter motor, have power to it but it just won't move
Thanks for the help

Hi all thanks for the help , I got brave and tore apart the starter ! Found the brushes were stuck and not making contact, so after I cleaned the mud out and got the brushes to move again I put everything back together and then using my charger/starter tested it and it worked so I put it back into the tractor and it fired up on the 1st turn !!!!!!!! Thanks again and hope this helps others

/ Help starter will not work just hear the solenoid click in and out !! #10  
Glad to hear you got it running.