Bucket Hooks

/ Bucket Hooks #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
Have any of you LS owners installed bolt-on bucket hooks? I'm curious how thick the steel top tube is on the bucket. I'm not much of a welder, so I've considered using the bolt thru chain hooks, but want to make sure they would be strong enough.
Thanks, Randy Oh I almost forgot.....WHO DAT !!!!

/ Bucket Hooks #2  
I didn't think it was thick enough to weld my hooks to. I welded a piece of angle and then welded my hooks to that.
Tractorhooks.jpg

/ Bucket Hooks #3  
Randy, I had 2 hooks welded on the top of my bucket. The dealer did it for me, he said the top is thick enough to support them.

Attachments

• 100_0123.jpg
    100_0123.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 715
   / Bucket Hooks #4  
I used the bolt through hooks from Tractor supply, 3 of them like Oldtoy except bolted. Love them, use them all the time. I do find the safety things on the back a pain in the arse!!

/ Bucket Hooks #5  
I welded mine on, but I put on a reinforcement pad first. Atwoods had some 1/4" thick plates designed for bolting flat springs onto trailer axles and they were just the right size for my P 7010 bucket (about 3 x 5 ) I welded them solid all around then plug welded the holes in the plate into the FEL top, then welded on the hooks. I just put them on each side in line with the cylinder attachment points. I have seen too many bent buckets in the middle from folks picking from the center. Before I would put one in the center, I would have to put some angle or channel across the top for stiffening first.
I have used my FEL hooks to lift the front of my 1500 Chevy 4 wd truck which was about all my FEL would lift and had no damage or bending. I figured that was over 3000 lbs and maybe lots more since most of the weight of the truck is in the front.

/ Bucket Hooks #6  
I have used Ken's bolt on grab hooks on bucket of my Kubota B3300SU (33-hp / 1,800 pounds) five days per week, just short of a year.

No issues. Excellent product.

Ken's hooks grab 1/4", 5/16" and 3/8" chain equally well. Ken sells backers as a service to his customers, even though he makes the case they are not necessary. I do not have the backers, just the washer sets provided. Hooks have been absolutely immobile, and zero deformation of the bucket. The man knows bucket hooks and how to make a quality product in Maryland, USA.

A very informative web site:

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
   / Bucket Hooks #7  
We also talked bucket hooks in an earlier thread. Here was my contribution:

Must Have Mods

There were lots of "bucket hook" comments in that thread.

/ Bucket Hooks #8  
I added a brace and welded one center of my bucket which I will soon cut off. I mistakenly allowed the hook to extend into the bucket area so if you pick up something the hook can stick into it. I will be welding it back farther when I re-install to make sure there are no obstructions along the top bucket edge.

/ Bucket Hooks
Thanks for all the replies, but I really didn't mean to get another " bucket hook" thread going again. Actually I just wanted to know if any LS owners knew how thick the top tube was on their bucket.
I do appreiciate the comments, though.
Randy

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Bucket Hooks #10  
I think mine is about 1/8" thick on the top lip. I can look under the lip and see the back edge as it is just folded back 180 degrees in two 90 degree bends. Yours should be similar.