J2030

/ J2030 #1  

Hodges

Tractor
LS J2030
I recently purchased a J2030H and thought I'd post because there weren't alot of posts on here about them. FEL, 60 inch Mid-mount mower and loaded R4 tires for $15,800 delievered. I internet and phone priced the tractor at dealers from NY to PA to NC and finally bought it at a dealer in PA. My dealer wasn't the absolute cheapest for the tractor, but he was within a few hundred dollars when you figured in the cost of delivery. Also, since he didn't have one on the lot he took me to his house so I could get some seat time on his personal tractor - in fact I was there twice before I finally decided.

I've got abot 30 hours on it so far. Have moved about 75 yards of dirt and mulch with it so far and mowed my 2 acres with it 4 times. I've also tilled my garden a few times with a 4 foot tiller.

Tractor has the single pedal, I've only had gear before so I didn't have a preference for one or 2 pedals. PTO engages with the turn of a dial, I worry that it might be a weak link in the future, but nothing to base that on. FEL has the float position.

I have some pretty steep hills that I mow (up and down) and not have any problems with it. I mow the majority in 2 WD and put it in 4WD only when it I get to the really steep parts, which works best for me. Turning around in 4 WD makes a mess of the grass. The R4s dont really tear up the grass too bad unless it is wet and then I'm just careful not to spin the tires. The mower does a great job - even the wife has commented on how nice it cuts. The mower is a drive over deck and is easy to remove. Just hve to remove 4 pins and the PTO shaft - all fairly easy. I usually just use the FEL to pick up the front end and then pull the deck out to the side. It was a dealer suggstion -and makes sense to me, just seems like a lot of weight on the deck.

The FEL is very easy to remove, probably takes 5 minutes to get it on and off. The hardest part is remembering which way to tilt it to get it to lift off the cradle. The hoses are a bit of a pain to get to, because they are between the loader arm and the hood, but not impossible to do. I don't mow with the FEL on, I'm sure it would be fine, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to carry the extra weight around the yard. Plus, I mow around the house and my cars and I'm afraid I'd run the FEL into my car!

I considered TYM, Mahindra, MF and Cub Cadet Yanmar. After a bunch of comparing I chose the LS. Much of it based on the dealer. Small family owned tractor shop, the guy that sold it to me is also the guy that is going to work on it should I need work. They've been in business for a long time and many of our local farmers deal with him.

I've been reading for a while and only posted in case someone had questions about the J2030.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 417
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 543
   / J2030 #2  
How bout some pics of the tractor with the mower on? Curious to see how it mounts with the loader mount/ bracket still on there. I was under impression that I could not run a mid mount on my R4041 due to the loader frame...

/ J2030
How bout some pics of the tractor with the mower on? Curious to see how it mounts with the loader mount/ bracket still on there. I was under impression that I could not run a mid mount on my R4041 due to the loader frame...

Can't get any with the mower on - I've already put it away for the winter. I've attached a couple of pictures of the FEL and where it attaches to the tractor. I don't have a sub-frame, the FEL frame attaches directly to the tractor frame. The hangers for the mower all hang lower.

In the 1st and 3rd picture you can see where the FEL mounts to the tractor frame, on the outside of the FEL mount is the hardware for the mower. The other picture is of the mower hardware on the front end that hangs down - sort of a J channel. The mower raises and lowers with the 3 point hitch and can be pinned up if I want/need to use the 3 point hitch for something else.

Not sure if that helped at all.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 241
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 258
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    587.2 KB · Views: 340
   / J2030 #4  
looks great! What brand of a tiller did you get?

thanks

/ J2030 #5  
Welcome aboard! Sounds like she's holding up her weight already.

/ J2030 #6  
What brand/model tiller did you get and how well does this tractor do with it?

/ J2030
The tiler is a Phoenix T-4 48" from Everything Attachments. It works well and covers the width of the tractor tires so I haven't had to use the offset feature for the tiller. Haven't had any problems with it digging.

I had the chance to use the tractor to move snow and pull out a stuck truck during the last week. It ran out of traction before it ran out of power. Definitely going to look for chains for the rear tires - the R4s are ok, but are a compromise for sure.

/ J2030 #8  
very nice tractor just got a R3039h myself what dealer did you buy from ??? mine came from Hansen in forest city pa

/ J2030 #9  

on the 30 and 40 series we have the full under side frame for the loader so you can not mount a mid mower there, and besides the rear finish mowers are so much better with the rear discharge

Jeff

Jeff